What DVD has the worst extras?

Started by hrHuffSomeStuff, October 08, 2003, 01:54:42 PM

hrHuffSomeStuff

I recently bought The Stuntman on DVD. I got the special two disc edition that was pumping this all new making of Documentary "The Sinister Saga: The Making of The Stuntman". I popped it in and it was the worst piece of shit I have ever seen. It was made by the director of the movie and I can see now why he hasn't made a movie in almost 10 years. It stunk. The production value was non existant, and the information was terrible. I couldn't believe it. It looked like he had just learned how to use a camcorder and was testing it out. Any one else have some good examples?

SHAFTR

Mulholland Dr

David Lynch:  Eagle Scout
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

TheVoiceOfNick

Any DVD that claims "Widescreen Presentation" as a DVD extra... and above all if it's the ONLY "extra"  (i.e. every Woody Allen DVD out there).

Nick

MrBurgerKing

I have a few complaints about DVD documentaries. I hate the ones where everyone talks about how great it was working with one another. When will these idiots stop acting? Let's see some blood spilled for once. Politicians. Remember the commercials for the Mandy Moore movie? They would splice in an interview with her almost in tears talking about how her movie will inspire millions. I have a lot of contempt for the McDonalds managers who clean their entire restaurant the day before the supervisor comes in.

Also a smaller nit-pick----> in maybe a documentary or interview, "X" will start telling a story involving "Y", then in the middle of the story it cuts to "Y" to finish the story. There might actually be a "Z" in there too. If the story is so boring that you have to constantly cut to a different man, it's probably not worth it.

Finally, here's my strongest argument, documentaries that show footage from the movies. What good does this do? I don't need to be reminded of the god-forsaken scenes. This is really annoying if I watch a doc. right after the movie. You don't go to Burger King and eat your # 1 with cheese, light on mayo, large onion rings, large orange soda with a five piece chicken nuggets to the side. Well, you should do that, but after eating the meal you'd should get some desserts, not another #1.

Now I'm watching FOX and there's this constant commercial for a show starring some actor that very much sounds like AL PACINO. Anyone empathize with this?

freakerdude

I'd like to know why they even made such a feeble attempt on Mulholland Drive calling that crap Bonus Materials? A trailer and list of characters with text bios...woo hoo! Blue Velvet has an excellent in depth interview section with most of the characters and Lynch, of course.

Apocolypse Now Redux only has a damn trailer.....BUT well worth the extra 40 some odd minutes of footage inserted into the movie.
MC Pee Pants