Bowling for Columbine DVD

Started by Jeremy Blackman, April 12, 2003, 10:12:08 AM

Jeremy Blackman

I have seen about 30 different release dates... I am so confused and depressed... some one please help me...

Sleuth

I always heard it was April 30
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

It was supposed to be released on April 22, but MGM pulled it and looks like they haven't set a new street date yet.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinIt was supposed to be released on April 22, but MGM pulled it and looks like they haven't set a new street date yet.

Hmmm... they probably want to wait until the box office resurgance cools down...

Dirk

I stand by my statement of May 13th
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

MacGuffin

Quote from: DirkI stand by my statement of May 13th

What site did you get that date from? All the ones I've searched had no date set. One even had 1/1/10.  :shock:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

Maybe they are beefing up the disc, so they can charge more and get the money they know is going to be made off of it.

Dirk

Quote from: MacGuffinWhat site did you get that date from? All the ones I've searched had no date set. One even had 1/1/10.  :shock:

hmv.com has a release date set for May 13th, 2003 and I remember reading on a site when the DVD was originally delayed that it was moved back to that date also.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Stringstroker

Last I heard it had no street date.  Here is a quote from Davisdvd.com:

"ยป BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE

I've been informed by MGM that the Michael Moore documentary Bowling For Columbine will not make it to DVD on May 13. The studio is awaiting delivery of additional special feature materials and, as such, has delayed the title indefinitely. Stay tuned as more news develops on a new release date. "

They have posted no new street date thus far.
"This is funny.  This is nice."
-Barry Egan

MacGuffin

Source: Variety

Some details have surfaced about the special features that we will likely see on the DVD for Michael Moore's Oscar winning documentary, BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. The DVD was set for release April 22nd, but MGM pushed it back to August 19th to capitalize on the added buzz following it's Oscar win and to give the studio time to produce "significant" special features for inclusion on the disc. One of those special features is reported to be an interview with Moore in which the filmmaker addresses his controversial Oscar acceptance speech in which he slammed President Bush.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Victor

thats my birthday.

you guys want to chip in and buy it for me?
are you gonna eat with us too?

Stringstroker

So that's why it was delayed: Michael Moore will answer those who blasted his Oscar night slam on President Bush when Bowling for Columbine finally comes to stores on August 19th. The MGM disc will feature a new interview with the filmmaker about his Oscar victory and the controversial acceptance speech (the disc will also include a  transcript of the speech and accompanying stills from the evening). Among the six hours of additional supplements on the disc will be an introduction to the film by Moore, a feature-length audio commentary by Moore's production office receptionist and interns, other Moore interviews, and a video montage of Moore's appearances at film festivals around the world.
-source Davisdvd.com
"This is funny.  This is nice."
-Barry Egan

Xixax

Fuck Michael Moore until his asshole bursts.

Sorry. The very mention of his name makes my blood boil.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Lesterthats my birthday.

you guys want to chip in and buy it for me?

i dont even know you