NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

polkablues

Even though I think Fallout 3 is a much better game, I spent vastly more time playing Oblivion.  That shit's addictive.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

I played oblivion for a really long time, never beat it but had a blast.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Considering the wave of excitement for Oblivion, I feel it is my moral duty to purchase it forthwith.

Quote from: Pas on June 21, 2010, 12:30:26 PM
You guys saw that Yoostar 2 thing they showed in E3?

It's movie Karaoke. With a green screen thingie, you'll be inserted in various classic scenes from classic movies and you'll be doing the lines etc. There's a multiplayer aspect too, so everyone plays someone.

Looks pretty insane. It's stil in pre-alpha stage, but here's a demo where Leonard Nimoy plays Terminator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD1_SpAr-tY&feature=related

I like to quote movies, but I've always felt like I hadn't spent any money doing so.  If only there was some way...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pas

the jerk store called and they're running out of you.

you're in the movie, man. your face. it's pretty cool.

polkablues

Quote from: Pas on June 22, 2010, 01:14:20 PM
you're in the movie, man. your face. it's pretty cool.

This will be on the marquee by the end of the day.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

Picked up a PS3.

First impressions are, um, it's a lot worse than XBox. PSN can't touch XBox LIVE. There is absolutely no comparison. I was stoked about free online, but I think I'd prefer paying for XBox LIVE over using PSN for free. The whole PS3 interface is just highly difficult to navigate and get to where you want to go. It's just a mess. Maybe it takes some getting used to but after using nothing but XBox LIVE for years, it's very frustrating just how difficult the PSN navigation is.

I'll pick up Heavy Rain first. That's the main thing I'm looking forward to.

The PS3 controller feels so light and flimsy. I'm scared to even use it because I don't want to break it haha.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Stefen on July 02, 2010, 01:59:47 PM
Picked up a PS3. My gamertag is StefR82. ADD ME, YO!

First impressions are, um, it's a lot worse than XBox. PSN can't touch XBox LIVE. There is absolutely no comparison. I was stoked about free online, but I think I'd prefer paying for XBox LIVE over using PSN for free. The whole PS3 interface is just highly difficult to navigate and get to where you want to go. It's just a mess. Maybe it takes some getting used to but after using nothing but XBox LIVE for years, it's very frustrating just how difficult the PSN navigation is.

I'll pick up Heavy Rain first. That's the main thing I'm looking forward to.

The PS3 controller feels so light and flimsy. I'm scared to even use it because I don't want to break it haha.

Do you have any games we can play together?

Also, have you downloaded Echochrome yet?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I love you guys.  I'm so glad you talked me into getting Oblivion.

It's pretty much exactly what I hoped it would be and more.

Reinhold

i got fifa 10 new (even though 11 is coming out or is out very soon) last weekend while a friend was in town. i've never played a sports game and i'm certainly not very good, but this game is an absolute blast. the commentators are fantastic, the graphics are great, the arena in surround sound is killer-- my only beef is that there isn't custom in-game music.

i pretty much only play in exhibition mode. the be-a-player mode isn't enough action for me and i haven't gotten good enough/don't know enough about soccer to start a manager game yet.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

picolas

how do these starcraft ii guest passes work? i'm very likely going to cave in and buy it but i'd love to get a week free first. if anyone has one i'm publicly begasking. would be mucho appreciated. o.

edit: i ebay'd one

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

picolas

i'm going to have to wait until my next computer to be able to play :yabbse-cry: it's choppy as hell on the lowest possible setting...

i feel like a kid who has to stay inside while the other kids play the most awesome sci-fi real-time strategy game ever.

Reinhold

(re: starcraft 2)

Quote from: picolas on August 01, 2010, 05:12:57 PM
i'm going to have to wait until my next computer to be able to play :yabbse-cry: it's choppy as hell on the lowest possible setting...

i feel like a kid who has to stay inside while the other kids play the most awesome sci-fi real-time strategy game ever.

i bought it and tried to play it on high and medium settings on my new macbook pro (i7 2.66, 8gb RAM) and it's extremely choppy. so i put it on low, and while the game still runs, i'm unfortunately aware of how much detail i'm missing. it looks really great when it runs on high, but unfortunately the mbp's don't have enough muscle to handle it. a coworker of mine recommended that i boot windows and play it that way to make the most of my hardware, but he hadn't tested that it see if it works. he says steam games run a LOT better in windows even on mac hardware.

(man, i'm gonna laugh my ass off at this in a few years)
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.