What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: Gambloren das ManhörenIf I'm too quick about this whole thing, it's like warping too far ahead in Super Mario and you don't really fall in love with the game or learn to appreciate every level. Haha, that's an amazing analogy, if I may toot my own horn for a second.
under the paving stones.

cine

Quote from: Gambloren das ManhörenHahahahahahahahah

Ahh that was good. *wipes tear

Don't think I've laughed out loud literally on Xixax before, hehe.

Quote from: Gambloren das Manhören...I'm cold and frightened. *leaves chat room*

Pubrick

Quote from: Gambloren das ManhörenThis is something I've thought about for a long time, how people try to establish a "voice" on the internet, either in forums or on IM or whatever. By voice, I mean the way that when you read something somebody types, you hear it in your head and it makes sense, so that you know exactly what they mean. Is this making any sense so far?

On forums, I think that's why there are so many arguments (not here specifically), people type their thoughts and that's that. I had a realization that words are a lot more powerful than speech because they stand as they are and don't back track. Somebody might say something benign, but because of a word choice, it gets picked apart by someone as being negative, or whatever. Misconstrued.

I have a friend who refuses to use programs like AIM because he says it degrades the concept of language and it loses meaning. I kinda agree, but it's pretty handy.
Quote from: Gambloren das Manhörenthe end
under the paving stones.

ShanghaiOrange

Raging Bull had a better slow motion punch to the face. And it didn't cost millions of dollar to create either. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Gambloren das Manhören...I didn't want Orange to feel bad. Plus, it's a great tint of orange.

ShanghaiOrange

Quote from: Gambloren das ManhörenGreen sail boats
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Weak2ndAct

For the very few who still care...

DVD review for revolutions (it's region 4, but the features are the same):
http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=2&c=988

Plenty 'o' extras, good that they're giving us some scraps before the eventual boxset.

MacGuffin

DVD Answers just received word that work has already begun on material for the upcoming Matrix boxed set. While it’s still too early to speculate about the exact contents of the set, we do know that it will include “detailed documentaries on the philosophy and science behind the Matrix scripts as well as a look at the history of action cinema.” Apparently we can also expect a “densely layered documentary package estimated at nine total hours using footage that has not been seen in the other Matrix releases.” No word yet as to the level of involvement from the Wachowski brothers, but hopefully we’ll get commentary tracks at the very least.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I'm really looking forward to this... I think it will be cool... something like Revisited maybe...

I'm anxious to see the Matrix Online too

bonanzataz

i'm not buying into it. not at all. i MIGHT get the revolutions dvd... maybe. what's the point of spending money for dvd features that i'll watch once (or probably not at all)? it's bullshit. i've gone my whole life w/o having the SPECIAL EDITION matrix. i think i'll be fine w/o them for the rest of my life. same thing for that fucking alien quadrilogy boxed set. when the fuck am i going to even watch alien3 or alien resurrection? such a waste of money to have even gotten the legacy boxed set. IT'S SHIT PEOPLE! FUCK CORPORATE AMERICA!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Stefen

Yeah that pisses me of too. They should at least let you trade in your old version of dvds for the new version. it's crappy. It wasn't always like this, it wasn't until soccer moms and van damme fans started realizing they didnt have to watch the whole movies and could skip to their favorite scene easier that dvd turned the way it is now.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

I agree on that... whats the point of having the same movie several times only to get the extras and the nice box set... you should be able to get a refund or something for the old vesion and get the new one... if you were a loyal fan who already paid money to own it why should your shit be devaluated now with the new shit

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: andykwhy should your shit be devaluated now with the new shit
Impatience?  I'm certainly guilty.  I know there's gonna be a box out by XMAS, but I have the mentality of a 12 year old and it must be MINE MINE MINE NOW NOW NOW.

Chest Rockwell