Is there where Xixax has been (lol)

Started by Sleuth, June 07, 2004, 04:17:11 PM

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

indiana

ya, i seen his web site. great idea! but well....  you know... blah blah blah. let all hate micheal moore..blah blah blah
peace
SONIC BOOM!

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

xerxes

mutinyco

Somebody please move this to the Grapevine or something...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Pedro

holy fuck...i will see this.  i wonder if it will be any good

maybe not

pete

of course not, look at this guy's facial hair.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

rustinglass

This reminded me of:

Quote from: in the cannes 2004 thread, matt35mmIt'd be interesting if there was a Republican who made these sorts of politically themed documentaries, and then that person and Michael Moore would duke it out.

Looks like it's happening now. it will be nice to compare the two pictures.
But will he continue with the project? will there be "Michael moore hates america: how he lied in farenheit 911" and "michael moore hates america: how he lied in sicko"?

What is sad is that, instead of making a conservative political film as good as michael moore's films, with different arguments and shit... his main prupose is to attack michael moore. it would be much cooler if he would make it completely independent of what michael moore does.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

SHAFTR

Quote from: rustinglassThis reminded me of:

Quote from: in the cannes 2004 thread, matt35mmIt'd be interesting if there was a Republican who made these sorts of politically themed documentaries, and then that person and Michael Moore would duke it out.

But will he continue with the project? will there be "Michael moore hates america: how he lied in farenheit 911" and "michael moore hates america: how he lied in sicko"?

What is sad is that, instead of making a conservative political film as good as michael moore's films, with different arguments and shit... his main prupose is to attack michael moore. it would be much cooler if he would make it completely independent of what michael moore does.

that's because to be a republican you must sell your soul, thus leaving you without creativity.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

pete

yeah, well, that really is a trait of the neo-conservaties (again, not conservative--these people are for very different agendas, not that neo-liberals are better)--they attack the watchdogs.  Rarely do you see hatchet jobs on politicians and such, Bill O'reily, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter--they target primarily the critics.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

coffeebeetle

Quote from: SHAFTR
Quote from: rustinglassThis reminded me of:

that's because to be a republican you must sell your soul, thus leaving you without creativity.

Although I agree with that last statement, I think it's premature to assume this guy is anti-Moore or conservative for that matter.  I think we need to see the film and make a judgement from there.  Keep in mind, I'm an avid Michael Moore fan.  But I also know that documentaries (not excluding Moore) can sometimes show a thin slice of the larger picture.  Maybe this guy simply shows another part of it...
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

xerxes

Quote from: coffeebeetle
Although I agree with that last statement, I think it's premature to assume this guy is anti-Moore or conservative for that matter.  I think we need to see the film and make a judgement from there.  Keep in mind, I'm an avid Michael Moore fan.  But I also know that documentaries (not excluding Moore) can sometimes show a thin slice of the larger picture.  Maybe this guy simply shows another part of it...

it's not premature if you take a look at his website

modage

Quote from: SHAFTRWhat is sad is that, instead of making a conservative political film as good as michael moore's films, with different arguments and shit... his main prupose is to attack michael moore. it would be much cooler if he would make it completely independent of what michael moore does.
moore's main purpose of fahrenheit is to attack the president.  so....whats the difference?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

rustinglass

What I meant is that, the ideal for a conservative-themed documentary, sould be independent of other filmmakers. There is a difference in the sense that while Moore attacks the President(an authority figure with a substancial power in changing the fate of the world), this guy attacks the guy attacking the President. Now having not seen the film, I'm sure he illustrates his convictions to a further degree, from the trailer I gather that mostly he refutes moore's opinion on poverty and unemployment, but then, it seems that he's simlpy following in moore's footsteps denying everyword that he said, which is hardly the same as what Moore is doing to Bush. So in this sense, I stand by my original statement.

Also, the taglines are pathetic, really. not that the farenheit tags are very good, but...

Once more, I haven't seen the film yet, my regards refer exclusively to the title of the film (stupid) and the trailers.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

modage

i dont think this movie will be any good, i was just pointing out that it would be just as good for a conservative movie that was interesting to come out as it would be for moore to make a movie that was more of a examination than an attack.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.