Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

SiliasRuby

What a fucking hell of a episode. Can't get over it.  :yabbse-thumbup:
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Fernando

^^ ditto

SPOILS OF COURSE

to add something to the little ben killing, maybe Richard Alpert will somehow save him, that's the only thing I can think of, or, Dr. Jack comes and performs a miracle surgery...will see

damn, i just got a flash back to ben shooting Locke, if locke somehow survived so will ben and maybe that's why ben shot locke back then.....shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit this show is INSANE!

SiliasRuby

Also, did anybody notice J.F. Sabastian from 'Blade Runner' in the episode?

My Collection

polkablues

Quote from: SiliasRuby on March 26, 2009, 11:26:17 AM
Also, did anybody notice J.F. Sabastian from 'Blade Runner' in the episode?

Quote from: Gamblour. on March 26, 2009, 07:37:48 AM
Also, Sebastien from Blade Runner was AWESOME. Such a creep.

Gamblour did, at the very least.
My house, my rules, my coffee

SiliasRuby

I am also really staring to get sick of Jack and Kate's whiny attitude. I really wish Sawyer would slap and kick the shit out of both of them. Let me tell you something: life sucks, get a fucking helmet.

My Collection

MacGuffin

The book that young Ben gives Sayid:

A Separate Reality is an allegedly non-fictional book written by anthropologist/author Carlos Castaneda in 1971 concerning the events that took place during an apprenticeship he claimed to have served with a self-proclaimed Yaqui Indian Sorcerer, Don Juan Matus, between 1968 and 1971. The authenticity of the book, along with the rest of Castaneda's series, has been a topic of debate since they were published.

In the book Castaneda continues his description of his apprenticeship under the tutelage of Don Juan, from which he had withdrawn in 1965. As in his previous book, The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge, Castaneda describes the experiences he has with Don Juan while under the influence of the psychotropic plants that Don Juan offered him, peyote (Lophophora williamsii) and a smokable mixture of what Castaneda believed to be, among other plants, dried mushroom of the genus Psilocybe. The main focus of the book centered around Don Juan's attempts at getting Carlos to See, a practice best described as, in Castaneda's own words, "perceiving energy directly as it flows through the universe".

The book contains an introduction, an epilogue and two separate parts. Part One, "The Preliminaries of 'Seeing'", describes his re-initiation into the apprenticeship from which he withdrew in late 1965, and also describes his introduction to another brujo (sorcerer) named Don Genaro. Part Two, "The Task of 'Seeing'", elaborates on the mental processes involved with Seeing, and begins with Castaneda realizing that the plants are a necessary tool to arrive at Seeing.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: SiliasRuby on March 26, 2009, 12:53:13 PM
I am also really staring to get sick of Jack and Kate's whiny attitude. I really wish Sawyer would slap and kick the shit out of both of them. Let me tell you something: life sucks, get a fucking helmet.

I know, if you had told me two years ago that Jack and Kate would end up being the characters I cared about the least, I would never have believed you.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

Quote from: polkablues on March 26, 2009, 04:42:50 PM
Quote from: SiliasRuby on March 26, 2009, 12:53:13 PM

I know, if you had told me two years ago that Jack and Kate would end up being the characters I cared about the least, I would have believed you.

Well, I just time-slipped and did tell you. Look how things are changing (maybe)!
WWPTAD?

mogwai

three episodes without john locke makes me wondering they're saving the best for last (again).

SiliasRuby

My Collection

Sleepless

Quote from: polkablues on March 26, 2009, 04:42:50 PM
if you had told me two years ago that Jack and Kate would end up being the characters I cared about the least, I would never have believed you.

They've been my least favorites ever since the cages. That ep was entertaining enough, but not a lot really happened. The "how do you think I'm doing" line was good. The writing is starting to get really cliched though. Last ep ended with the reveal "I'm Ben"... this one starts with the reveal "Well done Sayid".... c'mon if we can follow this show we can figure those moments out, do it more creatively at least. I want to see more of the other characters. The first few eps handled it really well cutting between everyone on the island, and those off - even though the 6 + Locke + Ben were all over the place. I'm looking forward to more Faraday and Desmond. I guess Rose and Bernard have just been written off, but please at least bring them back so we can see them die on screen. I just want my closure if they have to go.

Was it someone on here who suggested Smokey IS Jacob? If so, the more I think about it, the more I think that could be right. Y'know, how he controls the island, and appears to people as dead people - like Christian. The answer for Smokey lies in the prehistoric era with the statue. Mark my words. It's a-coming. I just want the prehistoric don'tcha know.

THEORY #1623:

Wouldn't it be cool if Ben has died and so no longer exists, that we find out he really was a good guy all along and that everything "bad" he's done was actually for the greater good - to prevent much worse atrocities which Whitmore would have/now can cause. Oooooh....

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Sleepless

Yeah I'm replying to myself...  Maybe Faraday comes back and explains all the above a la:

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

diggler

i want a henry gale episode
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pas

as for tonight's ep, can someone confirm that there was no surgeon to treat Ben because it was ''friday and he's on vacation at the looking glass station'' ? I think I heard that. W-T-F go get him then

The problem with this season is that before there was a motivation : getting back home. Now, what the hell is the motivation ? Clearly if they can't change anything, then they are not really living but just doing somekind of theater play. Everything they do has no consequences on the future because there is no ''alternate choice''. Even if they think of doing something and doing the exact opposite, it's the only reality. That's what fucks up my gf but I think I understand. Though clearly Jack or no one else on the island understand that they cannot possibly not save Ben. It is simply not doable.

If you remember Micheal not being able to die, I guess it's kinda the same thing.

So there is no tension whatsoever in the episode focusing on saving Ben since it is impossible for him not to be saved. Which makes this a total waste of an episode.

private witt

Lost is the single shittiest show on television.  I can't believe all you fools thing soap opera acting and dialog written by third graders is worth watching every week.  That show is fucking laughable and you should all be embarrassed as shit that you got suckered into enjoying such a turd of a program.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks