Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Gamblour.

I actually loved this episode, but being drunk out of my mind didn't help the comprehension. The episode is set up incredibly well, but the scene with Jack's grandpa could potentially be the most extraneous scene in the history of visual media.

Lepidus is flying the plane!!!!!!! Incredible reveal.
WWPTAD?

Pas

Cool ep !!! I can't wait to know why Ben killed John etc.

Also I'm really starting to believe that both Ben and Widmore are using John's belief that he's special to use him. He's probably not so special...

Anyway much better than last week's and the other

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Pas Rap on February 25, 2009, 09:08:07 PM
He's probably not so special...
That made me laugh.

Yeah, great episode and while my head was spinning when it came to the timing consider me very happy about whats going on.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pas Rap on February 25, 2009, 09:08:07 PMI can't wait to know why Ben killed John etc.

I thought it was pretty much spelled out already. John couldn't get them all back, so Ben used John's "suicide" to do it himself, he just needed to know what John knew before he died.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

How fucking awesome was this episode... holy shit this is the best show in the universe... I can't wait for next week to see how they start all finding each other, plus the new survivors of the new flight. It's insane. Plus for the commercial it looked like someone was getting shot.

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 26, 2009, 01:05:12 AM
Quote from: Pas Rap on February 25, 2009, 09:08:07 PMI can't wait to know why Ben killed John etc.

I thought it was pretty much spelled out already. John couldn't get them all back, so Ben used John's "suicide" to do it himself, he just needed to know what John knew before he died.

You might be right, but it seemed to me that it might have been the revelation that Locke knew about Eloise Hawking that made Ben decide to kill him, based on Ben's reaction.  I'm not sure, though.  I could be persuaded either way.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Ben's agenda/reaction seemed to change when he first heard that Jin was alive and after Locke mentioned Hawking.

It's nuts that both Widmore and Ben do such an incredible job that at this point we still don't know who is the asshole, or who is lying, or maybe both of them are.

Another thing I was looking forward to was Walt, but it wasnt so great. If you remember the connection Locke/Walt had on the island in season 1, it was very cool. Even the times Walt showed up when John was shot by Ben and stuff, it seemed to mean more than this last encounter. The fact that he is having the dreams sounds good, but its just to establish a connection that otherwise is not there anymore.

Pas

Quote from: polkablues on February 26, 2009, 02:27:17 AM
Quote from: MacGuffin on February 26, 2009, 01:05:12 AM

to me that it might have been the revelation that Locke knew about Eloise Hawking that made Ben decide to kill him, based on Ben's reaction.  I'm not sure, though.  I could be persuaded either way.

Yes I'm quite certain of that also. He did not have to untie him at all to get said information I think. Also there's clearly a reaction when John mentions Eloise Hawking. Maybe you're right though Mac, but I think it would be less dramatic your way than mine  :ponder:

yeah and like Silias said, the timing is really hard ! But now they're all back yes, so it should... clear up ? :ponder:

abuck1220

man, i kinda feel like they're rushing through some cool stuff. i thought the journey back to the island was going to be some odyssey that took the entire season to accomplish. and i thought locke's off island life could have spanned four episodes...instead they crammed all his "visits" into one.

it's hard to tell how much time passes between jack and locke's meeting in the hospital and locke's death, but i was under the impression that locke visited jack more than once. and if he didn't, i'm not sure i buy that their one conversation pushed jack over the edge like we saw him.

i just hope they're not short changing the three years the O6 spent off the island because i think that stuff would be interesting.

Gamblour.

I love how Alpert's "you need to die" to convince them to return is simple enough, but it's amazing how it goes from some sort of sacrificial idea, to the idea of a suicide as self-sacrifice (for the audience), to the idea of suicide as suicide (Locke killing himself for his failures), to then murder as sacrifice, but still looking like a suicide as both self-sacrifice and suicide. I just love it.
WWPTAD?

Tictacbk

Quote from: abuck1220 on February 26, 2009, 08:50:42 AM
man, i kinda feel like they're rushing through some cool stuff. i thought the journey back to the island was going to be some odyssey that took the entire season to accomplish. and i thought locke's off island life could have spanned four episodes...instead they crammed all his "visits" into one.

Not only did they cram all the visits into one episode, but they also crunched our timeline.  I was expecting Locke to get off the Island and then have three years to convince everyone to get back.  This whole "you were time shifting for four days but everyone else has been off the island for 3 years" is killing me.   I think it could've been much more interesting if they had Locke get off the island 4 days after everyone else then spend 3 years trying to convince them to go back.  It would've made his attempts and failures seem much more trying and his eventual "suicide" more valid, so to speak.

Kal

It was obvious he wasn't there so soon after they left because Jack & Kate were happy, so was Sayid and all that with no sign of Locke. He obviously showed up after Jack started seeing Christian everywhere and losing his head. However, I also was expecting the convincing to be more interesting. I mean, Locke went through a lot to be able to sit down in the same room with Jack, and his convincing and reasoning was weaker than any other attempts or discussions they had in the past.

I also thought they weren't going to be back until the end of the season, but now this is crazier than ever. Locke resurrected, there is a new plane with a bunch of new people, that Cesar guy seems like he was sent by Widmore, and they didn't bring Aaron back!

SiliasRuby

Yeah, that perturbed me a bit too that they didn't bring aaron back. Maybe they will discuss or explain that soon.

My Collection

polkablues

I'm sure that'll be explained. I mean, we still get to look forward to all the flashbacks of what convinced them to get on the plane. We need to find out what happened to Aaron, why Sayeed was being extradited to Guam, how did Hurley get convinced, and who the frick was playing handball with Ben's face!
My house, my rules, my coffee

SiliasRuby

I just hope Ben gets hit over and over and over and over again, very soon....and locke and Jack, they are all too smug.

My Collection