Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

grand theft sparrow

SPOILERS

Well, thankfully we can put the "Deadsmond" theory to bed.  But the "Kate is an other" theorists probably shit themselves after she escaped from and WENT BACK in the cage.

It was an OK episode.  Nothing too thrilling but nothing boring either.

But I'm guessing Stanley Spector's dad is the one with the tumor.

Pozer

'okay episode?'  this was the best one this season thus far!  and the even betters are coming quick!  dammit i love this show.  don't even need to explain why this one was so good - if you saw it, you know why. 

A Matter Of Chance

The Others are Quentin Tarantino fans - that's why they're so fucked up!

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: pozer on October 26, 2006, 01:32:43 PM
'okay episode?'  this was the best one this season thus far!  and the even betters are coming quick!  dammit i love this show.  don't even need to explain why this one was so good - if you saw it, you know why. 
Agreed. Best show of the season thus far.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on October 26, 2006, 02:30:43 PM
Quote from: pozer on October 26, 2006, 01:32:43 PM
Agreed. Best show of the season thus far.

I third that.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

elpablo

It was good, but I hope Desmond can't see into the future. Like, 108 minutes in to the future or something. I know last night they pretty much told us he can, but I'm going to keep pretending he can't until charlie says "You can see into the future?!?!" and Desmond answers "You got it, brother." So far, everything has been shown to be with in the realm of possibility, however improbable. And I liked that.

Kal

I thought the episode was great, but I dont know if the best of the season. The thing was that a lot of Sawyer cant be bad.

It was great when he called the guy in prison "Costanza". And when Kate takes the shirt off and he uses the bucket of water to cool himself down. Funny.

I read somewhere that the woman that went to see the bald guy in prison was Shannons mom? Dont remember.

MacGuffin

Matthew Fox Talks Lost, Vantage Point
Source: ComingSoon

While he's best known for playing Dr. Jack Shephard on ABC's "Lost," actor Matthew Fox has been branching out into other things during his hiatus from the show, including the upcoming Warner Bros. football drama We Are Marshall, which opens in December. In that, he plays real-life Marshall University Assistant Coach Red Dawson, who lost his entire college football in a plane crash in 1970, then had to help a new coach (Matthew McConaughey) assemble a new team.

Having shot the movie over the summer, Fox is back in Hawaii shooting the new season of "Lost" and when he took some time off to talk to ComingSoon.net about the football drama, we also asked him a few questions about "The Others" and his feelings on the direction in which the show has been going. "I understand the audience missing some of those other dynamics, but the story is dictating right now that we're looking at the story more from The Others' perspective than our original survivors' perspective," he told us. "I think that's a really amazing thing that the show is doing. Because Jack is now part of those Others—being held in captivity there—I've gotten to work with these new actors and create completely new relationships and dynamics, and that's been really exciting for me. The stuff that's happening between Jack and Juliette and Jack and Ben and the relationships that my character has with The Others, I think there's an understanding between us as actors that on the day that we work, there is a certain dynamic that we strike, but I'm getting to know them both as people, and they're amazing. I just love them as actors, and I'm really excited about working with them all the time and how psychological the work is."

Are there any worries about Jack being the next main character to get killed off from the show? "I don't worry about it too much," Fox admitted. "I feel really fortunate to be a part of this project, and from an objective point, I do understand that it's an element of the show that's important. You can't create this island in which life is always in the balance and then not have people perish. I think that's just part of the show, so yeah, that's always in the back of my mind, but I don't sweat it too much. If that times comes for Jack Shephard, it's because that's what is meant to happen in the story, and I have an enormous amount of faith in Damon Lindeloff and J.J. [Abrams] and Carlton that they're on top of that."

There are other benefits to there being twice as many stories and cast members on the new season, as well. "It has created some more time off for me, because I'm doing all of my work essentially on one set, so I have two or three days where I'm working 14 hour days and then I'll have a week of time off while they're doing other stories, and that's been incredibly nice for me. I worked on two films over my hiatus, I worked six days a week all the way through, so getting back to 'Lost,' I was excited but at the same time, getting this much time off has been a real relief, it's been nice."

Obviously, We Are Marshall was one of those two movies, but Fox also had time to appear in the political thriller Vantage Point, scheduled to come out next year. "'Vantage Point' was a script that I actually read about a year and a half ago," Fox replied when asked why he picked that project to during his break. "That was a movie that I was looking at for my first hiatus actually, and then something happened where it couldn't get made then, so when it came back around, it looked like it might fit into my second hiatus. I just think it's a really smart, intense and incredible thriller. I also feel very strongly about Pete Travis as a director. He directed this movie 'Omagh,' which I think is a terrific film. We really saw eye-to-eye on what needed to happen for that character, and it's a very, very different character than what I play in 'We Are Marshall.' It's a very intense character but intense in different ways [from Red Dawson]. I felt great about the two projects individually, and I also felt great about how different they were, but the 'Vantage Point' experience was different in a way that I can't really talk about too much without giving it away."

In the movie, Fox plays a secret service agent so we asked if he had the chance to talk to or study with actual agents before making the movie. "Those guys are really reticent to talk about their profession, so getting that opportunity was great and Pete really pushed for that to happen and we had some research materials as well that we studied. Then we had people on set all the time that were consultants to make sure that what we were doing jives with some reality."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

One of the cast members is apparently going to be on Regis & Kelly tomorrow.  My guess is that's the one who kicks it tonight.

They really need to keep shit like that under wraps.

MacGuffin

Quote from: othersparrow on November 01, 2006, 11:13:55 AM
One of the cast members is apparently going to be on Regis & Kelly tomorrow.  My guess is that's the one who kicks it tonight.

Your guess means that Mr. Eko will die tonight... Or Denzel will make an appearance in a flashback.

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

would that also jive with the character dies whose flashback episode it currently is? 

also: can we in the future never post spoilers for someone is going to die.  thats the one thing i never want to know again.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Quote from: modage on November 01, 2006, 11:41:42 AM
also: can we in the future never post spoilers for someone is going to die.  thats the one thing i never want to know again.

Yes, I vote that we just leave all spoilers about un-aired episodes out of this thread entirely.  I thought we had an unspoken gentleman's agreement about this.

Fernando

You admins should put the biggest admin edit spoiler warning ever.

admin edit: spoiler warning

edit: on the previous page!  :yabbse-angry:

modage

no!  cause then we admins are still SPOILED.  :yabbse-sad:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on November 01, 2006, 11:41:42 AMalso: can we in the future never post spoilers for someone is going to die.  thats the one thing i never want to know again.

Unfortunately, ABC has been touting this in the recent TV commercials.

Skeleton FilmWorks