Who's Next To Croak?

Started by cine, September 28, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

http://www.thisisbrandx.com/2010/06/peppep-passes-tim-and-erics-richard-dunn-19352010.html

Last week, actor Richard Dunn, the perpetually befuddled senior citizen --and unintentional comic genius-- who was a cast member of Adult Swim's "Tim and Eric Awesome Show--great job!" for the entire run of the series, passed away. Now the surrealist comedic duo have set up a Richard Dunn memorial website where fans can leave tributes and donate money for a funeral service.

From the Tim and Eric website:

"We are deeply saddened to announce that our friend Richard Dunn has passed away. Richard was an irreplaceable member of our family and he will be greatly missed as a brilliant comic actor and a great friend."

-Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

Bond screenwriter Tom Mankiewicz dies aged 68

American screenwriter and director Tom Mankiewicz, whose credits included several James Bond films, has died from cancer at the age of 68.

Mankiewicz wrote the scripts for Diamonds are Forever, Live and Let Die and The Man with the Golden Gun.

He also worked on the first two Superman films, and the TV series Hart to Hart.

Mankiewicz, who died at his home on Saturday, underwent surgery to treat pancreatic cancer three months ago.

He was a member of a famous Hollywood family - his father Joseph directed All About Eve and his uncle Herman co-wrote Citizen Kane.

Mankiewicz began his film career in the early 1960s when he was hired as an assistant director on John Wayne film The Comancheros.

His work on the screenplay of Diamonds Are Forever was the beginning of a long association with the Bond franchise. He made uncredited contributions to The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker.

'Gift of the gab'

At the request of director Richard Donner, Mankiewicz fine-tuned the scripts for 1978's Superman and 1980's Superman II sequel - for which he was credited as creative consultant.

"Making Superman was only possible because when Tom came in, he brought his sense of humour and brought those characters to life," Donner said in a statement quoted by the Associated Press.

"A lot of people in this town have 'the gift of gab'. Tom's was unique; there was always a true emotional centre," he said.

During the 1970s, Mankiewicz wrote or co-wrote the screenplays for thrillers The Eagle Has Landed and The Cassandra Crossing.

He also wrote and directed on the TV series Hart to Hart, and directed the 1987 movie Dragnet - starring Dan Aykroyd and Tom Hanks.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pwaybloe

Anime director Satoshi Kon dies at age 47
Source: The Inquisitr

Twitter has been buzzing with news that Satoshi Kon, director of Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress and Paprika, has died of cancer at the age of 47.

Madhouse studio founder Masao Maruyama confirmed that a major filmmaker had passed away, but did not provide a name. News of Satoshi Kon's death spread rapidly via the microblogging service, with the top retweeted comment:

"It's not that anime will never be the same with Satoshi Kon gone. It's now much more likely that anime will always be the same."

Owing to time differences between the US and Japan, official confirmation is still pending, but Cinematical says the acclaimed director has passed, adding:

"Kon was a brilliant filmmaker. His works are vital and revolutionary for their visions of lucid dreaming and the way psychosis bleeds over into the waking world. If he has indeed died, the world has lost a bright artist in the prime of his career."

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Ravi

:yabbse-sad:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/04/robert-schimmel-dead-dies-car-accident-howard-stern-show/

Robert Schimmel Dies
9/4/2010 6:43 AM PDT by TMZ Staff  

Comedian Robert Schimmel died last night in a Phoenix hospital from injuries he sustained in a car accident last week. He was 60 years old.

As TMZ first reported, Schimmel was the passenger in a serious car accident after his daughter, who was driving at the time, swerved to avoid an accident. She's still in the hospital, but we're told she'll be ok.

Schimmel is perhaps best known for his work on "The Howard Stern Show."

Pubrick

ELO star killed by bale of hay

Updated 5 hours 42 minutes ago

RIP: Former ELO cellist Mike Edwards (centre). (www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCcAn-_KKtU)

A founding member of rock group Electric Light Orchestra has been killed after a giant bale of hay tumbled down a hill and crashed onto his van.

Cellist Mike Edwards died after the 600-kilogram bale careered down a steep field, smashed through a hedge and onto the road in Devon, south-west England.

The 62-year-old died instantly.

"This was a tragic accident and we have now identified the victim as Michael Edwards, a founder member of ELO," said Sergeant Steve Walker of the Devon and Cornwall police traffic unit.

"We have used photographs and YouTube footage to identify him but we now need help contacting his family for formal identification."

ELO have sold more than 50 million records worldwide.

- AFP
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

As someone who lives by the country and his family has a farm where we have dozens of bails of hay at a time, those fuckers are dangerous if they ever land on you. Professional farmers are no jokers about the size they will make individual ones to save for land space.

The news on Robert Schimmel sucks. The guy got over a lot of shit in the last 5 years and to die after that...

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Pubrick

Was that a reference to me?

How clear do I have to be, it has nothing to do with being SCARED by a link it's just simply about wishing people were more INFORMATIVE.

I don't even mind what Derek did here cos at least the URL itself contains some kind of headline  (which makes little sense). If ppl think this was ever about being scared like a fucking loser then they haven't understood a single thing I've said. Frankly I'm giving up on the whole cause, as children with angels said, giving credit to ppl's intelligence is proving to be just a huge waste of time.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Whoa, dude. Pozer wasn't talking about you. He loves you! The wut was in reference to my comment on the previous page which was a worthy response to someone getting killed by a bale of hay (wait wut?) and the description within the link address definitely warrants a wut.

Beetlejuice? Wheelchair? Dead?  WAIT WUT?

Get ahold of yourself, P. This whole link description thing has made you a mess. You're turning on your friends! When was the last time you saw the sun? Get it together, man.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.