Rush in Rio - I saw it in a theater!

Started by Gamblour., October 26, 2003, 12:48:20 PM

Gamblour.

Did anyone else hear about this? I was sitting in a Regal one day and they had a commercial for a one-time only, one-showing only Rush concert theatrical release. The DVD is out but they played it in a theater (I hear DMB will be trying something like this soon). I have to say, it was a very cool experience, like being at a very sedated concert, everyone clapped after all the songs, good stuff.

A funny note though, the projector's computer crashed and we got to see good ol' Windows restart, my friend snapped some pictures on his phone, very fun times.

And just a Rush fan side note, it was great to see a 50+ Neil Peart still hanging in there and kicking ass on drums.
WWPTAD?

Pas

I bought the DVD, it's fuckin great ! I hope it won't be their last tour

Gamblour.

Yeah me too, I think they'll make music and tour until it's scary to look at them (Neil Peart is pretty close, heh). I heard there was a problem with the dvd not being 16x9. Any news on that?
WWPTAD?

Pas

Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreYeah me too, I think they'll make music and tour until it's scary to look at them (Neil Peart is pretty close, heh). I heard there was a problem with the dvd not being 16x9. Any news on that?

It has "black bars" but I don't know what the format is. It as multiangle features too !

Ravi

Quote from: Pas Rapport
Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreYeah me too, I think they'll make music and tour until it's scary to look at them (Neil Peart is pretty close, heh). I heard there was a problem with the dvd not being 16x9. Any news on that?

It has "black bars" but I don't know what the format is. It as multiangle features too !

http://www.musictap.net/Archives/Posts/Posts03/ArchivalPosts2003Oct2631.html#102703

I've spoken with one of the principle involvements in the Rush in Rio DVD and found out some very interesting things concerning the DVD. The first is simple: there will be no 'fixing' or 'replacing' of the package. It will stand as is. There may be, in the distant future, a 'greatest hits' of the show that will feature the delivered 16x9 Anamorphic video and DTS tracks on a single issue, that is 1DVD, but that's as far as it will go. But the decision has already been made to not change the US release. Apparently, Rush was the deciding factor in this matter. It was told to me that the band had access to several audio mixes and chose the one they felt sounded more like a real life concert setting where the sound isn't crystal clear. Band ruling, readers. It is their prerogative to deliver what they feel to be a true representation of the show.

Pas

Very informative thanks

Cool, I didn't know there were Rush fans here

Edit : Love your sig Ravi

Fernando

Quote from: Pas RapportVery informative thanks

I thought we were the only ones.

BTW looking forward to buy RIR.

Gamblour.

Quote from: Fernando

For some reason, this reminds me:

"Is this the end of Milhouse?"
"I thought I was the only one with that name!"
"So this is what it feels like when doves cry!"
WWPTAD?

Pas

Quote from: Gamblor the Manwhore
Quote from: Fernando

For some reason, this reminds me:

"Is this the end of Milhouse?"
"I thought I was the only one with that name!"
"So this is what it feels like when doves cry!"

HAHAHAHA

freakerdude

What is the date of this show?.....obviously recent if Peart is 50. He is the mastermind behind the band's music and I have seen them at least 8 times starting from the Hemisphere's period.

All The World's A Stage is a truely awesome live album. And 2112 is exceptionally great as well.

One big complaint about live music DVD's (current ones included) are the fact that many do not have widescreen options. What's the deal with that?
MC Pee Pants