Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Drill

I don't see his name listed.

Alethia

His stunt double's name is.

Drill

Yes

He wouldn't be on set without mask otherwise, glad we have confirmation

I assumed he played the Director role inspired by John Huston but why would the character be racing motorcycles?

wilberfan

Quote from: BigSock on October 12, 2020, 06:13:14 PM
...why would the character be racing motorcycles?

Excessive masculinity?  :yabbse-rolleyes:

Alethia

Perhaps he's trying to one-up the arguably most criticized scene in The Master.

Yes

Quote from: wilberfan on October 12, 2020, 06:31:26 PM
Quote from: BigSock on October 12, 2020, 06:13:14 PM
...why would the character be racing motorcycles?

Excessive masculinity?  :yabbse-rolleyes:

My assumption was the character would be frail and in old age much like John Huston, who to my knowledge did not race motorcycle in the 70s. But thanks for eye roll emoji :)

jviness02

When I first saw the IMDB link, I assumed a fan just put Penn in based on the photos, but if it's his stunt double, that's pretty inside baseball.

pynchonikon

With the possibility that the Collider report back in August was inaccurate always kept in mind, I don't see Penn taking the role 78 y.o. Harrison Ford and 76 y.o. Michael Douglas were considered for, I can't imagine them as directors who in their free time are motorcycle riders living on the edge.

Alethia

You can't imagine Harrison Ford, who crashes planes for pleasure, as an aging, motorcycle riding, edge-living director?

Rick Dalton

Maybe Sean Penn isn't playing the director, maybe he's playing a stuntman

Tdog

Quote from: eward on October 12, 2020, 11:30:13 PM
You can't imagine Harrison Ford, who crashes planes for pleasure, as an aging, motorcycle riding, edge-living director?

hahahahahahaha!
Michael Douglas rode a motorcycle in Black Rain!

Alma

Wow it's been a bit of a ride for MGM over the last few years. Well hopefully if it does get bought it's by someone committed to theatrical distribution.

sixtos97

Anyone the know the shooting pattern schedule for the film?? I've been wanting to see them shoot but don't live in LA unfortunately. I know they shoot for 2 weeks then a week off but I'd wanna know for sure