Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Tdog

So many period cars on the street!

jenkins

Quote from: pynchonikon on September 12, 2020, 01:33:07 PM
Sky looks very smoggy. Was that common in early 70s?

it's a good question i mean the exact sky color is abnormal i don't know what will happen in that regard

wilberfan

It could pass for smog. Bad smog was reddish brown!

AlRose

Not much filming being done outdoors. Filming was mostly inside a hair salon and Safdie's characters building on the corner of Sherman and Owensmouth. Its hot as fuck and smokey.

Drenk

What does "Safdie's characters building" mean? He was spotted on set? The same building with the poster? Another building with posters? The headquarters for the campaign?
Ascension.

csage97

The sepia smog looks very filmic. Love the old building designs.

wilberfan

Quote from: Drenk on September 12, 2020, 04:04:19 PM
What does "Safdie's characters building" mean? He was spotted on set? The same building with the poster? Another building with posters? The headquarters for the campaign?

Yes, it's a Joel Wachs campaign office.

Alethia

And full of extras, at the moment. Seems the most activity is occurring at a "wig shop" up the block.

jenkins

then actually it becomes smog achieved through a natural process

SaunchSmilax

Quote from: wilberfan on September 12, 2020, 04:17:32 PM
Quote from: Drenk on September 12, 2020, 04:04:19 PM

Yes, it's a Joel Wachs campaign office.

Wachs is a Republican.
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

Tdog

The guy taking the picture has binoculars. FBI agent confirmed.

SaunchSmilax

Quote from: Tdog on September 12, 2020, 05:18:46 PM
The guy taking the picture has binoculars. FBI agent confirmed.

How else can I see inside the "Wig Shop"  :yabbse-grin:
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

Rooty Poots

I adore all the vintage, hand-painted lettering so much.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Convael

Quote from: jenkins on September 03, 2020, 10:52:05 AM
frankly i'm happy to hear a reference outside of pta's movies and robert downey sr

one day/night narratives have been licked but they're a certain tradition. scorsese with After Hours of course. here in la there's john landis with Into the Night. Miracle Mile. Midnight Madness. but idk, even the idea of a summer movie for teenagers offered broader thematic possibilities. there's not so much that can be accomplished in all-nighter movies. unless pta considers otherwise and pulls it off
Sorry but are all the people talking about whether a movie that takes place over one day can be good forgetting about a small movie called Magnolia?