Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

ThereWillBeOreos

Quote from: Drill on March 09, 2020, 06:29:49 PM
Quote from: BigSock on March 08, 2020, 03:22:49 AM
No wtf. Corona has nothing to do with this

They just cancelled a huge tennis tournament in SoCal. Coachella is surely next. I hope you're right...

Yikes. Yeah, I would say it makes sense to assume this and a few other movies set to shoot in Cali to be delayed. We have to wait before anything it announce.

wilberfan

Quote from: ThereWillBeOreos on March 09, 2020, 10:26:46 PM
Yikes. Yeah, I would say it makes sense to assume this and a few other movies set to shoot in Cali to be delayed. We have to wait before anything it announce.
I'd say the way things have been developing in just the last 3 days, a delay seems likely.

Drenk

Yeah. Was quite amused by the very dismissive comment about the consequences of the cironavirus, but I guess it hadn't started to spread in the US yet.
Ascension.

Pringle

Quote from: Drenk on March 12, 2020, 05:37:35 AM
Yeah. Was quite amused by the very dismissive comment about the consequences of the cironavirus, but I guess it hadn't started to spread in the US yet.

That hour long stretch last night — travel banned from Europe, Hanks tests positive, NBA season suspended — was one of the most surreal, mind blowing hours I can remember.

wilberfan

ForTheHungryBoy

Quote from: eward on March 08, 2020, 11:54:32 AM
Quote from: kingfan011 on March 07, 2020, 08:31:46 PM
Interesting you worked on Joker. Did it turn out the way everyone on production expected? Did you guys know Joaquin was doing something special?

Can't really speak for anyone else, but it turned out almost beat for beat (excepting some Zazie material) the way it was written, which, for me, was not a good thing. And special? I mean, it was Joaquin - electric to witness, for sure. But I don't think it's a great performance. And I don't blame him, per se.

Let's be real, he should have two Oscars already and Leo should have won this year.

Kinda confirms my suspicion leaving the theater that they nixed a violent scene w Zazie due to the potential backlash

Alethia

I wouldn't call that accurate.  :)

trytotell

pynchonikon

I think the list was focusing more on productions that are currently filming (like the Elvis bio) or on ones that were about to start in the next month or so (no word about lots of others like let's say Babylon which will also be filmed in Cali) It's still early to talk about our project, but hopefully it won't be affected.

Pringle

EVERYTHING is going to be affected by this.

ThereWillBeOreos

Quote from: Pringle on March 13, 2020, 01:57:28 PM
EVERYTHING is going to be affected by this.

I agree, the way things are going right now I wouldn't be surprised if things are kept dead silence. Maybe there'll be an article about Untitled PTA Project filming being pushed back to Fall... idk, I wish the virus stuff would clear up by summer but I'm not sure...

Yes

Well.. I wasn't being dismissive of the virus. I just meant it had no impact on this since, well, it wasn't filming.

I can't believe I'm glad a PTA film wasn't filming.   Hopefully he can film it sometime next year and in 2022, we'll finally get to see it

Yes

If this does end up a 2022 release, it'll keep up his weird 5 year trend

2017: Phantom Thread
(3 years)
2014: Inherent Vice
(2 years)
2012: The Master
(5 years)
2007: There Will Be Blood
(5 years)
2002: Punch Drunk Love
(3 years)
1999: Magnolia
(2 years)
1997: Boogie Nights

wilberfan

Convael

Quote from: wilberfan on March 18, 2020, 12:39:06 AM
More of a recap than an update, but

Everything We Know about Paul Thomas Anderson's New Film So Far
It always makes me a little melancholy when these articles come out (same thing with Inherent Vice) and they mention that there could be a return of people like Julianne Moore, John C. Reilly, Luis Guzman. I worry that we'll never see them in another PTA movie ever again, as wonderful as the Boogie Nights/Magnolia period was.