Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

melaniehaynes

Quote from: BigSock on February 13, 2020, 02:10:11 AM
Why would exteriors and 2nd unit be filming if there's no cast?

actually sorry my fault i misread a tweet

joneal

Quote from: melaniehaynes on February 13, 2020, 09:25:35 AM
Quote from: BigSock on February 13, 2020, 02:10:11 AM
Why would exteriors and 2nd unit be filming if there's no cast?

actually sorry my fault i misread a tweet

lol, i'm so confused. are they filming exteriors now or not?

jenkins

they're not, melaniehaynes misread the tweet

ThereWillBeOreos

I'm assuming with the lack of news leaking, I'm guessing PTA is casting unknowns for this one?

assuming it's an ensemble we may be getting some unknowns with a few large names for selling points. the casting did say they were looking for authentic San Fernando Valley boys

trytotell

Yeah, things are dead quiet now. Some casting rumors at least would be nice. It's almost March. I just hope this doesn't turn into another situation like The Master where it keeps getting pushed back.

ThereWillBeOreos

Another Master situation would be awful. It was announced in what...2009? 2010? Then came out in 2012. But I also think during that time they announced Jeremy Renner as the lead but then changed it...

I don't think it'll be pushed back. Right now I think we're probably going to get news around May or June.

Yes

The Master situation is different because it was originally set up with Universal but for various reasons such as budget, they pulled out

Focus is already committed to the film so budget shouldn't be a concern. I think there's legitimate struggles in finding the correct actor. Sounds like a excessive casting search

ThereWillBeOreos

Quote from: BigSock on February 24, 2020, 03:07:45 PM
I think there's legitimate struggles in finding the correct actor. Sounds like a excessive casting search

Timothee Chalamet is right there 😭😭😭

Truth be told...i think PTA might want a Noah Jupe type of kid. But not Noah Jupe himself. Maybe 14? Just starting High School? Idk if I would be a fan of that. I would prefer someone who is 16 or 17... Idk.

putneyswipe

The premise sounds commercial enough that he might not have pressure to cast stars. So he's taking his time.

pynchonikon

Come on, why all the panic? Inherent Vice was supposed to start principal photography in late May '13, and the casting announcements (except Joaquin) didn't start to formally drop till April.
It might be difficult to find the right youngster for the lead, indeed, and I think his wish to work with a totally newcomer makes things harder (if he wanted to work with someone known, then I guess he would have already shared it to public).
Also, I'm not buying he won't cast any big names on this one but again, define "big". I consider let's say Sandler, Benicio, Witherspoon or Manville to be big.

jenkins

it's ridiculous to imagine a hollywood notable casting a non-bigname actor. it's genuinely not within their mental capacity

lol. don't at me, if i'm wrong good on the spirit

joneal

Quote from: jenkins on February 25, 2020, 03:10:08 AM
it's ridiculous to imagine a hollywood notable casting a non-bigname actor. it's genuinely not within their mental capacity

is this sarcasm because they do it all the time

granted, it's much rarer for kids, but we literally just had a season where roman griffin davis was nominated for a golden globe for jojo rabbit

jenkins

Quote from: joneal on February 25, 2020, 03:23:51 AM
Quote from: jenkins on February 25, 2020, 03:10:08 AM

is this sarcasm because they do it all the time

granted, it's much rarer for kids, but we literally just had a season where roman griffin davis was nominated for a golden globe for jojo rabbit

you definitely wanted to reach for Gus Van Sant and Paranoid Park, rather than Jojo for obvious reasons

i picked an easy fight just to troll PTA fans, i don't know more than any of you do, we'll all find out, i literally said don't at me

jenkins

I get it now I see the confusion I meant there is bound to be a name actor somewhere based on probability, it was sloppy phrasing, "a hollywood notable casting only nonnames" is antihollywood and rarely happens

putneyswipe

I was speaking specifically about the teenage roles. He's a Hollywood guy no question