Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

trytotell

No real reason to believe that it's true (yet), but now that the thought's been planted, I like the idea too.

Tdog

Quote from: jenkins on January 18, 2020, 01:53:24 AM
i like it bc didn't nobody guess this one already. might end up being inherent vice level fun casting
We do need more Martin Short/PTA, that's for sure.

jenkins

although she still might act in the movie the rumor seems baseless

kingfan011

Even though I don't buy the rumor for a second I'm fascinated by a Jolie and Anderson collaboration. I was about to say that Jolie is known for being very controlling/dominant on set which may be a problem but then again DDL seems to get along with Paul famously.

Watching A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood tonight and will be done with the Oscar nominated films finally.

melaniehaynes

what fourm are you guys getting this Angelina jolie stuff from ?

itwasgood

Quote from: melaniehaynes on January 19, 2020, 05:15:59 AM
I believe that the rumor started on a forum called Female First, there's a Jolie section full of anonymous guests saying pretty wild and baseless things, this being one of those.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: rioh5 on January 19, 2020, 10:25:10 AM
Quote from: melaniehaynes on January 19, 2020, 05:15:59 AM
I believe that the rumor started on a forum called Female First, there's a Jolie section full of anonymous guests saying pretty wild and baseless things, this being one of those.

I just read the posts there, and with the level of discourse, there's exactly 0% chance that anyone with any actual knowledge of the situation will be wasting their time posting there.

The post in question:
https://discussion.femalefirst.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=7666277#p7666277
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

wilberfan

That was my first reaction, too.  But they were at least familiar with as much as we knew about the upcoming project that I thought it was worth keeping track of.   Just in case.

pynchonikon

Quote from: wilberfan on January 19, 2020, 03:48:36 PM
That was my first reaction, too.  But they were at least familiar with as much as we knew about the upcoming project that I thought it was worth keeping track of.   Just in case.

At this point, with all this top secrecy, i wouldn't be surprised if even Focus itself doesn't completely know what they pay for. Is it really so easy to stay under the radar for so long these days? I guess it is.

wilberfan

itwasgood

Although this character sounds a lot like Jack Dylan Grazer, a fresh face from valley would be even better.

wilberfan

Would they actually be looking for a complete unknown as the lead--or more likely a supporting character?  The former would be pretty bold. (But also pretty exciting?)

Pringle

Quote from: wilberfan on January 20, 2020, 12:41:06 PM
Would they actually be looking for a complete unknown as the lead--or more likely a supporting character?  The former would be pretty bold. (But also pretty exciting?)

I like the idea of a 14 year old Cliff Booth type.

melaniehaynes

crosses fingers for a unknown actor

Find Your Magali

We are being very patient butterflies, but a rumor would sure be swell.