Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Tdog

Quote from: wilberfan on April 26, 2019, 03:22:48 PM
It's fun to speculate,

It certainly is!

I'd be very happy to learn that he's either working with RDJ or DeNiro.

trytotell

If it IS RDJ, then surely it'll be announced next week. Would be foolish not to, in the whole Avengers glow.

Tdog

Quote from: trytotell on April 26, 2019, 03:51:11 PM
If it IS RDJ, then surely it'll be announced next week. Would be foolish not to, in the whole Avengers glow.

They must be on the verge of announcing it considering "martinthewarrior" has narrowed down the choices significantly today.

Drenk

Ascension.

HoQTeMR4

More suggestions I would like to see: Casey Affleck, Christian Bale, Michael Shannon.

Tdog

Quote from: jacques100 on April 27, 2019, 03:26:48 AM

RDJ is probably busy with Dr Dolittle reshoots (that movie's gonna bomb so hard).
James Franco sucks now.
JGL sucks now.
Ryan Gosling isn't nearly as big of a box office pull as people here think he is (BR2049, The Nice Guys, First Man, Song To Song all flopped).
Leo got his Oscar and took a 5 year break. Don't think he cares about acclaim or art at this point, he just wants to maintain his star power by starring in blockbusters. The Del Toro remake will do just that. Remember when he dropped out of the Steve Jobs movie just because he felt like it? It's all about comfort with him at this point.

RDJ - this movie is rumoured to shoot in the fall.
Franco - he's done career best work on The Deuce
JGL - it's been confirmed he's not the one cast
Gosling - Yeah you are right about the box office draw aspect. And it's been confirmed to not be him.

It's  RDJ, France, Penn or DeNiro. You could probably remove DeNiro though.

axxonn

Franco is poison. Doubt PTA would work with him after all the events of the last two years concerning him.

Robyn

Quote from: Tdog on April 27, 2019, 05:23:26 AM

Why? It could be... literally anyone else.

Lempwick

None of those people are box-office draws; not sure why that would be a strike against Gosling.  Even RDJ outside of Marvel/Sherlock is unproven, unless we're going to consider The Judge a big success at $84 million worldwide on a $50 million budget. 

martinthewarrior

The "Leo doesn't care about art" take is pretty wack considering he was circling 3 scripts from 3 of the premiere directors working...

And if you think "Nightmare Alley" is just some re-make, I would encourage you to watch the original film/read the book. It's a badass project.

HoQTeMR4

Quote from: martinthewarrior on April 27, 2019, 11:03:33 AM
The "Leo doesn't care about art" take is pretty wack considering he was circling 3 scripts from 3 of the premiere directors working...

And if you think "Nightmare Alley" is just some re-make, I would encourage you to watch the original film/read the book. It's a badass project.

Can you give us any more informations about PTA new? Thank you.

Tdog

Quote from: Robyn on April 27, 2019, 06:06:23 AM
Quote from: Tdog on April 27, 2019, 05:23:26 AM

Why? It could be... literally anyone else.
If you read through the first few pages of the other thread you'll see that "martinthewarrior" said that someone had guessed right and these were the names mentioned up until that point that haven't since been ruled out.

trytotell

Sorry to bump this with no news, but where's the damn announcement? The Cannes market has already been announcing films for the last few days. Hurry it up already.  :yabbse-grin:

Alethia

Remember how long it was before a single Phantom Thread or IV trailer? PTA keeps it last possible fucking minute these days.

Drenk

But I especially remember how long it was between There Will Be Blood and The Master.
Ascension.