Stephen Colbert

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 17, 2005, 10:42:49 PM

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Neil

ditto...check your lawyer.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Mikey B

By Both Shows, they are both hilarious and they give us rediculous ideas. I also love The Daily Show.
I Stole SiliasRuby's DVD Collection

MacGuffin

New ice cream named for Stephen Colbert

Stephen Colbert may have no taste for the truth, but he does have a sweet tooth. Ben & Jerry's has named a new ice cream in honor of the comedian: "Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream."

It's vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and caramel.

Announcing the new flavor Wednesday, Ben & Jerry's called it: "The sweet taste of liberty in your mouth."

The Vermont-based ice-cream maker is known for naming its flavors after people such as Jerry Garcia, Wavy Gravy and the band Phish — which Colbert sees as a political bias.

"I'm not afraid to say it. Dessert has a well-known liberal agenda," Colbert said in a statement. "What I hope to do with this ice cream is bring some balance back to the freezer case."

Colbert, who spoofs flag-waving conservative pundits on his Comedy Central show, "The Colbert Report," is donating his proceeds to charity through the new Stephen Colbert Americone Dream Fund, which will distribute the money to various causes.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reinhold

I liked the bit from last night in which he challenged democrats to prove that they weren't pussies by impeaching bush.

... and some people still don't realize he's satire.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Reinhold

this blows. they announce the editing thing tonight and the colbert nation isn't up.
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

pete

explain everything you've just typed.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Reinhold

hedwig

great episode tonight. the report just keeps on giving.

sean penn has a sense of humor. :shock:

Pubrick

that's weird that after all of his answers he does a quick rundown of who made his clothes.
under the paving stones.

cine

the GQ story says something like Colbert for President on the cover. i know a guy who doesn't watch Colbert, saw the mag and said "wow, he's running for president now?" but he was actually dead serious. and this guy is usually pretty smart (thats why i talk to him).
and then it hit me... people like O'Reilly not 'getting' the Colbert character is entirely believable to me now.

Bethie

going to see Colbert on his "I am America" tour. yay yay  8)
who likes movies anyway

classical gas

this is a day late, but did anyone see his performance with alicia?

it's been stuck in my head since...

Gold Trumpet

A couple weeks ago Colbert mentioned my city Marquette, Michigan on his show. It was becaue we have Winter Olympic sessions going on with ice skaters. I guess he's been about that lately, but the whole city went nuts here. It was semi cool considering we're in the middle of nowhere and very far north.