Inside the actors studio

Started by Stringstroker, July 12, 2003, 12:54:35 AM

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffinNext Sunday, James Lipton will interview Mark Wahlberg.

so was the interview good or what cuz i missed it.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ©bradso was the interview good or what cuz i missed it.

It was alright. Didn't know he was that heavy into drugs as well as selling which lead to his imprisonment on attempted murder, all at around the age of 13. Gave respect to PTA and praised Julianne, who he said was just like that mother figure to him. Said that PTA wanted the prosthetic cock "bigger" and "harder." Didn't spend a lot of time on Three Kings though.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

did they talk about huckabees at all?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

Quote from: El Duderinodid they talk about huckabees at all?

Yes. He said that, after Three Kings, he would have done anything to work with David O'Russell again. He also said that about 80% of that character is him because O'Russell would ask him questions about "anything and everything." He continued that he understood all the philosophical questions after the fifth screening.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bethie

Ahhh screw you mac

EDITED OUT THE MIDDLE PART  and then put it back in cause I was paid

<that quote from whatshisface>

Only that he was more than happy to do it, he said he'd work with O'Russell even if he wasn't an actor in the film he just likes being around him when he's in his working mode and all the creative juices are flowing. Told about how O'Russell made him talk to him and by the end of the film O'Russell knew him better than he knew himself, O'Russell even had him going to therapy.

When Lipton asked Walberg if he understood all the existential detective stuff Walberg said only after he watched the film six times. (mac says 5, he's probably right)

I was surprised to learn that he is the youngest out of NINE children! Holy damn!
who likes movies anyway

ono

Wish you would've left it, Bethie.  It was interesting.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinpraised Julianne, who he said was just like that mother figure to him.
Freudian.

Bethie

What gets me about Insides The Actors studio is James Lipton. When he'll ask the actor a question and they will provide an interesting answer but Lipton will just move on to his next question. He never goes into any depth.
Ex.
Lipton: "Tell me about your childhood?"
Actor: "I used to get beat up a lot, so I wound up killing someone"
Lipton: "Okay. How long were you at acting school?"

hahah Lipton just goes on no matter how interesting the answer. He sticks to the questions he has on those trusty blue note cards.

haha what if someone went in there before the show and jumbled his note cards around. That outta set him straight.

I'm also sick of him complaining about his wife not letting him get a tattoo. What a pansy. Be a man, put your wife in her place, and go out and get that tattoo!

Another thing I want to share- this semester in my tv production class we had to do an interview for a project. I offered to be the interviewer. I had to interview a Ben Franklin impersonator. Damn right I stole those questions Lipton asks his guests at the end. Ben Franklin's favourite curse word is "horse shit."
who likes movies anyway

Slick Shoes

I saw the one with John Goodman over the weekend. It was pretty good. He's a funny guy. For instance, James Lipton asked him what it was like to work with Halle Berry on the Flinstones. He was all like, "Oh, it was awful! The experience gave me nightmares... the kind where you gotta get up and go to the bathroom!"

jasper_window

Quote from: Bethie...

What gets me about Insides The Actors studio is James Lipton. When he'll ask the actor a question and they will provide an interesting answer but Lipton will just move on to his next question. He never goes into any depth.
Ex.
Lipton: "Tell me about your childhood?"
Actor: "I used to get beat up a lot, so I wound up killing someone"
Lipton: "Okay. How long were you at acting school?"

It's the editing.  The interviews go one for a few hours and they chop 'em down.  I wish you could watch them in their entirety too.  Basically the show is a tease, but I still like it.  Natalie Portman was good.  Smart, funny...

MacGuffin

The Jamie Foxx episode was great, explaining how his grandmother taught him all the skills that would prove to be useful and beneficial to him in the future (football and piano lessons, etc.). I cried too when he broke down at her passing just days before the taping of the show.

Skeleton FilmWorks

jasper_window

Quote from: MacGuffinThe Jamie Foxx episode was great, explaining how his grandmother taught him all the skills that would prove to be useful and beneficial to him in the future (football and piano lessons, etc.). I cried too when he broke down at her passing just days before the taping of the show.

Can't wait to catch the episode.  I was busy crying through In America.

ProgWRX

yeah i wish the full interviews were available to watch, it gets kind of annoying when there is obvious editing...
-Carlos

jasper_window

especially when they skip or ask one question about a film the actor worked on or the director they worked with.  I believe they skipped Heat entirely when Natalie Portman was on.

pete

I bet lipton stands in front of a mirror to get his "charlie rose" down.
CHARLIE ROSE IS THE MAN.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton