Winter Passing

Started by MacGuffin, March 03, 2006, 12:50:37 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: February 17, 2006 (NY/LA)

Starring: Zooey Deschanel, Ed Harris, Will Ferrell, Amelia Warner, Amy Madigan 

Directed and Written by: Adam Rapp 

Premise: Actress Reese Holden has been offered a small fortune by a book editor if she can secure for publication the love letters that her father, a reclusive novelist, wrote to her mother, who has since passed away. Returning to Michigan, Reese finds that an ex-grad student and a would-be musician have moved in with her father, who cares more about his new friends than he does about his own health and well-being..
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Red Vine

"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

cine

Quote from: RedVines on March 03, 2006, 01:04:48 AM
That room a bit too small for them :?:
wow, can't get much more observant than that.

boy, messy floors too, huh?

©brad

a bittersweet, quiet little film that i very much enjoyed. wonderful performances, including farrel who is refreshingly subdued and restrained in this. and of course, the lovely zooey deschanel, who really carries the film.

i saw an off broadway play in the west village called "Red Light Winter" that was written and directed by the same Adam Rapp. he's a great writer, with dialogue so good it rivals tarantino when tarantino wrote good dialogue.

go see it.

pete

just saw this, now I regret not seeing it when it came out.  it really is a good movie.  in the beginning I was kinda snotty and was put off by how "indie" the whole film felt but after a while it didn't matter.  some really nice moments in there.  I never knew the title page of a book could be so moving.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

noyes

really want to watch it. huge Zooey fan.
south america's my name.

Gold Trumpet

What perception does the film paint of its locale? This film is set where I live.

pete

it's mostly confined to ed harris's house and its premise, then there's a little bit of the neighborhood bar and two scenes in the hospital.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton