back at the punch drunk love website....

Started by Saga, June 25, 2003, 09:05:58 PM

Saga

they've posted some nice new poster considerations...been wondering why no one's made a comment.

under...hmmm

Ernie

Wow, a lot of those are better than the chosen one...they're so much weirder and cooler. Damn, that kinda sucks.

Thanks for the info.

Saga

shows how much consideration was given to "punch drunk knuckle love" doesn't it?

i still think the best one is the one used.

Cecil

Jeremy Blackman

"Punchdrunk Melody"? "Knuckle Love"? Wow.

oakmanc234

Holy Cow! I fucking love some of those posters! Especially the one with Barry & Lena on the couch. The first one is absolutely ace as well. Why in the FUCK were none of these used? (most movies have more than one poster). If the flick was advertised like this, maybe it coulda done some business. I liked seeing a tagline used, too ('Barry is about to fall IN LOVE'). Kinda pissed that I can't save the images on my computer. And yeah, it does show just how damn close it was to being called 'Punch Drunk Knuckle Love'.

Those just made my day.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

sphinx

the poster designs are all great and wonderful, i can't help but really like some of them, but i enjoy how simple the original poster was in comparison to some of these (simplicity is one of the most striking things you can use to get someone's attention).  i don't know, it's sort of hard to make a poster for the movie that highlights both the rage and love in it...looks like them went more with the love thing.  cause that's really what it's about.  perhaps it's was the studio's final decision on wanting to market the people in it more?  i don't know.  'punchdrunklovemovie' entertains me

chainsmoking insomniac

I loved just about every poster in there.  My favorite was the couch poster.....I tried dragging a couple of them to my desktop (I have OS X) but it didn't let me... :(
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Duck Sauce

Pedro

sphinx

look carefully to see some poster with john c. reilly's name in them

ono

I take this to mean he may have been in the film, but was too busy with The Hours, Gangs of New York, Chicago, and The Good Girl?  Am I close?

sphinx

no, pta originally wrote it to be sean penn as the villain with phil hoffman and john reilly as the brother, i won't go into the long story of why he decided to change it, but he did (not as a result of scheduling conflicts)

picolas

Quote from: sphinxthe long story of why he decided to change it

mayhaps a smidgon of the tale :?:  :arrow:

oakmanc234

A nice little bit on the Sean Penn as Dean Trumbell stuff was in IF:Inside Film magazine.

PTA said:
'I just couldn't get Sean Penn, so I had to become friends with Phil Hoffman, you know?'
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'