Cursed

Started by MacGuffin, January 10, 2005, 09:04:33 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: February 25th, 2005 (wide)

Cast: Christina Ricci (Elle Hudson), James Brolin, Portia de Rossi, Illeana Douglas, Jesse Eisenberg (Jimmy Myers), Shannon Elizabeth (Becky), Omar Epps, Robert Forster, Judy Greer, Joshua Jackson (Jake), Mya, Kristina Anapau (Brooke), Michael Rosenbaum, James Callahan (Mark), Scott Foley, Shashawnee Hall, Michelle Krusiec (Debbie), Eric Ladin (Louie), Milo Ventimiglia (Bo), Lance Bass (himself), Wes Craven (cameo), Sheila E. (herself), Freddie Prinze, Jr. (cameo)

Director: Wes Craven (Scream, Scream 2, Scream 3, Music of the Heart, A Nightmare on Elm Street)

Screenwriter: Kevin Williamson (Scream, Scream 2, The Faculty, Teaching Mrs. Tingle, I Know What You Did Last Summer)

Premise: An estranged brother and sister living in Los Angeles, mourning the recent loss of their parents, are brought together by a savage werewolf attack, forcing them to fight for survival, against both the beast and the dangers of its virulent curse...
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Weird, I thought this had already came out years ago and was already on video. Has it been on the shelf that long?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: StefenHas it been on the shelf that long?

Not so much on the shelf as reshooting the entire film:

Quote from: On Dec. 12, 2003, MacGuffinRicci: Cursed Like New

Christina Ricci, who stars in director Wes Craven's troubled werewolf movie Cursed, told SCI FI Wire that the film is being reshot as an entirely new movie after an 11-week hiatus to fix problems. "We're essentially reshooting the whole movie, so it's sort of like going on to another movie," Ricci said in an interview. "And this time it's a lot more fun. We have a lot more action, and it seems better."

Ricci added that Craven's spirits seem lifted by the new material. "I think he's happy, because I don't think he was happy with what he was originally getting," Ricci said. "I think he's glad that he has the chance to remake it."

One of the issues of the reshoots involved changing werewolf makeup. Ultimately, Ricci is confident that Cursed can be saved. "If you scrap an entire movie and shoot it all over again, rewrite the script, then yeah, it can be saved," she said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FANGORIA caught up with actress Christina Ricci, who is currently in the midst of reshooting the troubled Dimension Films project CURSED, being directed by Wes Craven from a (rewritten) script by Kevin (SCREAM) Williamson.

"It just wasn't working," admits Ricci of the originally filmed version. "So luckily, they had the ability to go back and redo it. We're almost reshooting the entire film." The actress plays the lead character, whose profession is familiar to the always-working actress. "I play a publicist in LA who ends up in a car accident, and my little brother and I are attacked by a werewolf," Ricci says. "It's fine. All I do is walk around on the phone. [Real publicists] do other things, but this is a movie publicist!"

As for what was wrong with the film, Ricci deflects the question. "You know what, you'd have to ask the people who actually saw the movie." Meanwhile, there's still no word on what Dimension plans to do with THE GATHERING, the Ricci-starring supernatural thriller the company picked up over a year ago and is still gathering dust on its shelf.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

metroshane

Not quite as entertaining as Teen Wolf, but better than teen wolf 2.

That CGI dog looked more like dog poop!
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

AICN told me not to watch the trailer, so i will try to abstain.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

Whooooo the bloody heeell let them reshoot crap only to create more crap?
This just pisses me off.

nix

Williamson and Craven kinda jump started my cinephilla when I was 16, so I'll always give them props for that. But man, this movie is so 1998. And it wouldn't have been good then either.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

Myxo

I love Metacritic.. :lol:

modage

if this hadnt been pg13, i would be seeing this movie this weekend.  but, as it stands, i will not see it till netflix.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Quote from: themodernage02if this hadnt been pg13, i would be seeing this movie this weekend.  but, as it stands, i will not see it till netflix.

My crystal ball tells me there will be an unrated DVD.

Myxo

Quote from: Ravi
Quote from: themodernage02if this hadnt been pg13, i would be seeing this movie this weekend.  but, as it stands, i will not see it till netflix.

My crystal ball tells me there will be an unrated DVD.

haha..

With what, 5 seconds of boob flashes from Ricci?

Alethia

i'm not sure if this movie was supposed to be a joke or not.