The Return of Cheech & Chong

Started by MacGuffin, July 23, 2003, 11:33:10 AM

MacGuffin

New Cheech & Chong in Development at New Line

Cheech & Chong are reuniting after 20 years for a new feature set up at New Line Cinema that will catch up with Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong's wacky stoner personas in the present day. The untitled project is in the early stages of development at New Line.

Marin and Chong have already worked out a story line and will pen the script along with an additional writer to be recruited by New Line. Robbi Chong, one of Chong's daughters, will serve as a producer on the project.

"The world is ripe and ready for a new Cheech & Chong movie, especially considering they have a whole new generation of fans out there," said New Line senior vp production Kent Alterman, who is overseeing the project alongside New Line production president Toby Emmerich. "They came in and told us that they're ready to do something again, which we think is a great idea."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

TheVoiceOfNick

Just what we need... some old farts getting high... actually, i'd probably pay to see that.

Nick

***beady***

Not more cheech and chong! Yeah, there were good, and funny, but old things should just not be on show if they have had time to collect dust.

Alethia

i have never thought they were particularly funny

Jeremy Blackman

MacGuffin

Cheech & Chong Project Pushed Back
Source: Variety

The start date for New Line Cinema's new Cheech & Chong movie has gone up in smoke with Tommy Chong facing a nine-month jail sentence for selling bongs.

But the studio plans to continue development on the new feature, based on the pot-smoking personas that Cheech Marin, 57, and Chong, 65, developed during a 16-year comedy partnership. The studio's original plan had the film shooting next year, during Marin's hiatus from his Fox Network series The Ortegas.

Marin and Chong are expected to write the script for their untitled film with a third writer. Chong's daughter Robbi Chong is a producer on the project.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

thats serious method acting ain't it ........

picolas

a friend of mine (better known to you guys as Jo) is a nephew of Chong's. he sent me this in an email today. it's kind of funny.

bonanzataz

funny thing is, all that website is doing is selling tee shirts that have to do with celebrities being stupid.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Cheech and Chong working on new movie
Source: Hollywood Reporter

ASPEN, Colo. -- Cheech and Chong, the seminal stoner comedy duo of the 1970s, might return to movie theaters soon. Speaking to reporters at the annual U.S. Comedy Arts Festival on Thursday night after their first stage reunion in 25 years, the duo said they are in the final stages of writing a script and hope to start production sooner rather than later. "We are working on a new movie now," Cheech Marin said. "We are nearly done with the script." Both comedians said they would like to see the film out this year, maybe even during the summer if work progresses fast.

Skeleton FilmWorks