Best Comic book into Film(s) :yabbse-geek:

Started by NEON MERCURY, April 10, 2004, 09:08:04 PM

El Duderino

i wanna add ghost world to my list.

and maybe, just maybe Hellboy is somewhere in between best and worst.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

nix

I've had the pleasure of seeing the 1994 film,  Fantastic Four. Cinematic brilliance. Plain and simple.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

modage

Quote from: RaikusHave you ever seen Dolph Lungren's 'The Punisher' or 'Captain America?'

They not only take the cake, they run off and marry it.
i have, and you're right.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Weak2ndAct

I gotta agree w/ Wizard magazine (man, that used to be my bible back in the day) and the others who say 'X2'.  It quite possibly could be the most spectacularly geeky movie ever made-- in all the right ways.  I really need to see that again (NIGHTCRAWLER!).

It's shame Singer wasn't given more support on the first 'X-Men' movie, who knows what could have been done there (Fox dicks around with Singer on the first X-Men, dicks around with Mark Steven Johnson on Daredevil... see a pattern forming here?).

Raikus

Quote from: Weak2ndAct(Fox dicks around with Singer on the first X-Men, dicks around with Mark Steven Johnson on Daredevil... see a pattern forming here?).
Uh, Fox likes dick?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: Cinebunny
Quote from: andyk
Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: andykI didnt like American Splendor  :oops:
WHAT?! :shock:
I didnt like American Splendor
Right, he's surprised because it's a really good movie.

Anyway, the WORST film from a comic book is Howard the Duck.

Howard the duck is an amazing film, it's why Lucas is my favorite director by far.

...kidding...

cine

Quote from: A Matter Of ChanceHoward the duck is an amazing film, it's why Lucas is my favorite director by far.

...kidding...
No you're NOT.

grand theft sparrow

Howard the Duck doesn't hold a candle to Superman IV: The Quest For Peace.

RegularKarate

X2 is fun, but it's hardly the BEST

Superman wins
followed by Ghostworld

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: BankyHulk had potential but the 3rd act completley blew donkey balls
The third "act" was the best part. Have anything against sensational helicopter smashing?

American Splendor was too cute. The opposite of Hulk... I expected a lot and pretty much hated it.

modage

i dont know if its the best adapting or most faithful, but my personal favorites are Batman and Batman Returns.  followed by Superman.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Chest Rockwell

American Splendor
Ghost World
Batman
Batman Returns
Superman

Just Withnail

Quote from: I"Best Comic book into Film(s) :yabbse-geek:" will hopefully be:

[Batman Begins logo]

Batman Begins

...But for now, The Crow reigns.

molly

Has anyone of you seen Monkeybone? If yes, what did you think of it?