NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Kal

Its been almost a month since I bought it... and I played it more than I did Xbox 360 a month after purchase. The thing is that its so much fun when you play with other people, rather than just playing by yourself.

I finished the Zelda game for SNES, and downloaded Super Mario and Street Fighter. I also love playing Wii Sports and got recently the Scarface game. I may buy also the new Zelda when I get back.

Stefen

Let's say I get a 360. Can I DL games and play them?

I DL games for my PS2. I gave the console to this little asian kid that used to live by my mom and he took it, brought it back a couple weeks later and it could play downloaded games, I have no idea what he did. That little asian kid is dead now. Hit by a truck, died on impact, went peacefully, so I can't ask him for advice. This is really the only nerdy place I hang out, so maybe you guys know?

I'm not into paying for shit, just doesn't jive with me and makes me feel like shit. I'd much rather play these games for free, and they all cost like $60 new anyways, so who's gonna pay that?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Stefen on August 23, 2007, 11:57:19 PM
Let's say I get a 360. Can I DL games and play them?

I DL games for my PS2. I gave the console to this little asian kid that used to live by my mom and he took it, brought it back a couple weeks later and it could play downloaded games, I have no idea what he did. That little asian kid is dead now. Hit by a truck, died on impact, went peacefully, so I can't ask him for advice. This is really the only nerdy place I hang out, so maybe you guys know?

yeah, im am pretty sure you can/could mod your 360 and play burned games...you could do the same for the original xbox...i feel sorry about the loss of your asian friend...i've never had an asian friend  :yabbse-sad:...but, i've had an italian, latino, afro-american, hungarian, bulgarian, and a swedish pen pal [when i was younger]....

in other gaming news....

if you own a 360 you must own this:

its one of the new classics such as resident evil 4, gears of war, twilight princess, ninja gaiden black/sigma, metroid prime,  resistance: FOM, etc.   production values are top notch sound, story, voice work, art direction, playability, and graphics [the game uses the same engine that gears of war uses]....i'm only a few hours in an i know a masterpeice when i play it....the game is an FPS...but not the halo, f.e.a.r., call of duty type....but rather the metroid prime games...its a first person adventure....anyone else played this yet?

Stefen

Bioshock is getting 10's across the boards. My friend DLed the 360 demo and it was the LONGEST demo I've ever played.

Neon, have you played any of the Katamari games? THOSE ARE NUTS (especially if you're stoned)
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Stefen on August 25, 2007, 12:40:37 PM
Bioshock is getting 10's across the boards. My friend DLed the 360 demo and it was the LONGEST demo I've ever played.

Neon, have you played any of the Katamari games? THOSE ARE NUTS (especially if you're stoned)

i heard but haven't played them yet....i know they are cool shit...now that i have a ps3, i do plan to pick up some ps2 gems...katamari will be one, along with god of war 2 and okami.....i will also check out the katamari game for the 360 too...

picolas

i've been a bioshock addict for the last few days and i just got the bad ending. i realized too late that it's better to rescue than harvest. NEON, what have you been doing?

ps. the amazing soundtrack is free right now @ http://downloads.2kgames.com/bioshock/BioShock_Score.zip

Raikus

The wife bought me a Xbox 360 today as incentive for quitting WoW along with Bioshock. I'm to the radio broadcaster guy (after saving the trees) and so far it's pretty exceptional. It's also my first experience playing on a next gen (not counting Wii due to graphics) platform and the visuals are just breathtaking. Too bad about the ending. I've heard from a few sources it was fairly abrupt.

And two quick questions: I need to hook this up wirelessly and none of my adaptors work on on the console. Is the only option buying the overpriced Microsoft adapter? And not that I have a Xbox 360, what must have games are there to pick up? I'm already counting on getting Gears of War and Madden 08 later this week. Let me know if there some other must-plays.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I don't have a 360, so I can't say that Dead Rising is always fun, but definitely at least rent it.

If you're into RPGs, then definitely Oblivion.  Then again, if you were into WoW, you'd probably dig Oblivion.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Raikus

Quote from: Walrus on August 27, 2007, 11:32:28 AM
If you're into RPGs, then definitely Oblivion.  Then again, if you were into WoW, you'd probably dig Oblivion.
I'm staying away from anything WoW-esque for the immediate future. Dead Rising had occurred to me though I remember really wanting to play that when it came out.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Stefen

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: picolas on August 25, 2007, 05:02:35 PM
i realized too late that it's better to rescue than harvest. NEON, what have you been doing?

i'm actually haven't made it that far in the game to make a decision  :oops:...but, once i do i will harvest first then replay it again to get the "no harvest" achievement...i am addicted to those achievements...at first i thougth it was stupid but it adds a ton of replay value to the games...and some of them are unique and fun...

Quote from: Raikus on August 26, 2007, 11:46:04 PM
And not that I have a Xbox 360, what must have games are there to pick up? I'm already counting on getting Gears of War and Madden 08 later this week. Let me know if there some other must-plays.

i love questions like these....

although i am excited about the ps3's potential....the 360 is the de facto gamers console for now...welcome to the club and here are my recs for must buy and must rent....

must buy:

must rent:

if you are wondering why call of duty 2 is a buy and call of duty 3 is a rent is b/c the developer for COD 2 didn't develop COD 3....instead they were busy doing call of duty 4........see below:

potential great games:

call of duty 4
blue dragon
lost odyssey
rock band
guitar hero 3
alan wake
assasins creed
orange box
beautiful katamari
clive barker's jericho
conan
fallout 3
mercenaries 2
prototype
condemmed 2
devil may cry 4
fable 2
fear 2 [files]
fracture
gta 4
halo wars
stranglehold
kane and lynch
army of two
mass effect
resident evil 5
saints row 2
tom clancy's end war
splinter cell conviction
tony hawks proving ground
unreal tournament 3
too human
virtua fighter 5

Stefen

And you also use the word gay to describe something other than a flaming homosexual. Not surprised you're a wee tyke.

Kal

Maybe I'm getting old... but I cant find a game that makes me want to really play... I bought Crackdown, Hitman and Double Agent and returned them all. I remember playing the first Splinter Cell for like 24hs in a row. So I'm not sure what is the problem...

Right now I'm hoping GTA4 will change that... so I'm looking forward to that... and of course, NBA 2k8!

Stefen

GTA 4 was supposed to come out in Oct, now I'm hearing that it got pushed back to Oct NEXT YEAR, which sucks cause it was the whole reason I was going to get a 360.

Kal

I hope you are wrong cause I have a reserved copy at GameStop. They've been putting up posters and pre-selling for a fucking year.