Empire Magazine?

Started by Myxo, September 18, 2004, 04:29:11 AM

Myxo

I'm looking for a way to subscribe to Empire. I noticed that the main website only allows subscriptions to United Kingdom residents. Anyone have any other ideas how I can pay for a subscription?

Just Withnail

Probably in the magazine itself. Personally I stopped buying Empire about a year ago, after reading every number for quite a few years. If you put one of the current ones next to the older, it ain't a pretty picture. Their choice of subjects as well as their writing (not to mention design) has had a severe drop in quality if you ask me.

meatball

I love the extra glossy paper they use.

Redlum

Quote from: WithnailProbably in the magazine itself. Personally I stopped buying Empire about a year ago, after reading every number for quite a few years. If you put one of the current ones next to the older, it ain't a pretty picture. Their choice of subjects as well as their writing (not to mention design) has had a severe drop in quality if you ask me.

Agreed.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Myxo

So, what is left worth reading these days in the way of a monthly film publication?

Just Withnail

Not a damn thing. In Norway, there's a magazine called Z, three times a year.

cine

what do they call it the rest of the year?