Blade: Trinity

Started by MacGuffin, January 28, 2004, 11:03:49 AM

MacGuffin

New Line Cinema has just released the first promotional images of Blade: Trinity, giving fans a glimpse of Jessica Biel's debut in the comic-based franchise.

Wesley Snipes returns as the day-walking vampire hunter in the explosive third and final film in the Blade franchise, Blade: Trinity. When the Vampire Nation hatches a plan to frame Blade in a series of brutal killings, he must join forces with the Nightstalkers, a clan of human vampire hunters, in an extreme battle in which the trail of blood leads directly to the notorious vampire legend, Dracula. Jessica Biel plays Abigail, the daughter of Whistler, who inherits the vampire-slaying duties that once belonged to Blade (Wesley Snipes); and Ryan Reynolds (National Lampoon's Van Wilder) as Hannibal King, one of the Nightstalkers.  Indie queen Parker Posey and WWE star Triple H also star in the film.

David Goyer, screenwriter of the first two Blade films, wrote and handled directing duties on this latest film.

While this may be the end for the Blade trilogy, there's word that a spin-off franchise is in the works starring Biel and Reynolds.

Blade: Trinity hits the big screen on August 13th.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

RE: that first picture

i said GOD DAAAAAAAAMN!

El Duderino

woof, jessica biel is, may i say "bootylicious?"

Quote from: C:\BRADi said GOD DAAAAAAAAMN!

amen brother
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Banky

i saw somone watching TCM Remake today and i was reminded how incredibly good looking she was.  Especially in that white tank top with the notted  above the navel

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

trailer in quicktime:  http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/blade_trinity/

biel and reynolds? i'm very skeptical.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Myxo

Hmm.

Which trilogy will be crappier when all is said and done.

The SW prequel trilogy or this Blade trilogy.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MyxomatosisHmm.

w/o a doubt that star wars trilogy prequels will be better and  the first two are already better than  the first two blades..........plus at least lucas tries...the blade films are full of sh*tty actors/actresses who couldn't  even  get jobs in made for tv films....i like the blade films ...but they are extremely ghey......and they are fun to watch like watching a rambo film........there is nothing more to it............just wesley snipes saying stupid oneliners and pseudo-goth chic  evirornments and atmosphere........the SW trilogy has a whole mythology and ideas that go beyond recycled vampire garbage......

RegularKarate

Sorry Neon.. you don't know what you're talking about... the Blade Trilogy is what it tries to be... the SW is just plain BS....

pete

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: MyxomatosisHmm.

w/o a doubt that star wars trilogy prequels will be better and  the first two are already better than  the first two blades..........plus at least lucas tries...the blade films are full of sh*tty actors/actresses who couldn't  even  get jobs in made for tv films....i like the blade films ...but they are extremely ghey......and they are fun to watch like watching a rambo film........there is nothing more to it............just wesley snipes saying stupid oneliners and pseudo-goth chic  evirornments and atmosphere........the SW trilogy has a whole mythology and ideas that go beyond recycled vampire garbage......

explain to me how hayden christensen is a better actor than wesley snipes, or natalie portman is better than jessica alba, or how "I hate the sand, it's coarse and rough, unlike your skin, which is smooth and soft" is better than blade's one-liners.
what kind of mythology is there?  that the characters make vague references to shits that never happened?  Blade does that too.  how is the star wars garbage not recycled?  double standards, no?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ghostboy

Well, Natalie Portman is a better actress than Jessica Alba, and Jessica Biel too, since that's who I think you were referring to, but you'd never know from watching the Star Wars movies.

The Blade movies rock, Neon, especially the second one; you must have been watching the broadcast TV versions or something.

I hated Van Wilder, but I like Ryan Reynolds. So I'm happy to see him in this.

NEON MERCURY

Blade vs star wars  Round 1

.... :) .......here my reasoning and more in depth for what i said earlier...
.first off the actors in star wars [for the most part] are way better than blades crew of b-listers...i'll try the basics........ wesley snipes sucks......his only other decent role was new jack city...and thats not saying much....jessica biel???.... :roll: .dont even try to come w/ thinking shes somethng...the only reason she cast is to pile in the 17 year olds to stare at her onscreen and say "damn, look at her tits!!", "oh fuck ....check dat ass out"..or "dude, i wish robin hood was a hot bitch like this".......seriously, beil is worthless.......oh boy Triple HHH.... :roll: .i dont even need to comment .but i will any way b/c the casting of him brings full circle the comic book geek and the wreslt'n geek together and there no denying that...norman reedus....he was the worst thing in blade 2.....hes a poor mans jeremy davies....posey is cool.....[b/c shes indy... :wink: ]......and props goes out to kristofferson....hes badass..........

now... i just highlighted a few of the blade crew.and if it wasnt for guiellrmo del toro [who is brilliant].this cast seems headed foer b-movie material......and the fact that del toro elevated this is proof of his talent....

as for the prequel cast....christorpher Lee right off the bat is genius ....portman is better than any female character in the blade film in terms of talent as an actress....while she may have to say horrible lines...she does it well IMO.......hayden ...um..........i ll be honest when i first saw him in the ep 1 .i thought he kind of sucked....then i saw ep2 and thought well "hes allright".then i saw shattered and thought .."hes solid"....so, i have complete faith that now knowing that he can act  that ep 3 will be fine.....ewan and liam did gopdd enough of a job to me....i thought they were fine....and they are way better than snipes et al.

i will admit that sam jackson is a token character........its like lucas thogut "wouldnt it be cool to have that guy from pupl fiction as a jedi?"....
so jackson balances out the triple HHH character.......i know i am forgettign some cast member son both sides that could support of crush my agruement but.the ones that i mentioned are [collectively] better talents than the blade cast..............its a F.A.C.T.

as for the one liners.......in retrospect.i think thats a toss up......i will admit that they both have their respective ghey oneliners.....and bad dialogue........

i do have to comment on the score......dont even try to tell me that "by the numbers" techno is on par w/ williams.......

also, consider the "coolness" factor in star wars........like the dart maul fight  near the end of ep 1.......seeing r2d2/c3po.....the jedi battle in AOTC...[and yes i realize that i sound like more of a geek than i already am].but these thing s matter for SW fans....there are many more stuff to consider but for times sake i refuse....or i forgot some stuff....

whats "cool" about blade ???.....is it "man, wasnt it cool when blade kicked those guys asses then whistler threw blades sunglasses and blade caught them in mid air?"........whatever....

remember though.........i am not saying the blade films suck.i think they are fine....and del toro's a pimp.........but to even try to think that they are of better quality or of a higher talent/level of filmaking than the prequels is ridiculous.....

.....i do like the blade films but they are in the same category as robocop 1, predator, and rambo.....[great solid action]..........

oakmanc234

I love the 'Blade' movies (especially the 2nd one) so I'm psyched about this one. Biel is STEAMIN'. STEAMIN' I TELL YA ('purty' indeed lol). I'm hoping Reynolds 'comic relief sidekick' will be more Johnny Knoxville in 'Walking Tall' than Sean William Scott in 'Bulletproof Monk'. Also hoping that this isn't one of those 'part 3's that fucks over the series, I'm optimistic though
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

MacGuffin

From Entertainment Weekly:

For the third and presumably final installment of Blade, screenwriter Goyer, who also penned Blade and Blade II (which earned a combined $152 million), steps behind the camera to complete what he hopes could be "the Star Wars of vampire films," he says, "a whole Wagnerian epic."

In Trinity, Snipes returns as the half-vampire, half-mortal Blade, and Kristofferson is back as his mentor, Whistler. To stop the vampire kingdom from taking over the world, they team with the Nightstalkers, a group of human vampire hunters lead by Whistler's illegitimate daughter (Biel) and the ruffian Hannibal King (Reynolds).

So what's new? This one's funny. "It's not Airplane! or anything like that," says Goyer of the roughly $60 million production. "It vacillates between being really funny, but then in the course of a single scene, it gets dark and serious." Also serious was Reynolds, who packed on 20 pounds of vamipire-slaying muscle, thanks to a personal trainer. Says Reynolds: They "just kicked my ass into fine cottage cheese pudding for about six months."

Dec. 10
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks