THOMAS JANE IS THE PUNISHER!!!

Started by Derek, April 03, 2003, 03:47:15 PM

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

cine

I love him in PTA's movies. He'll be good.

Ernie

That's awesome! I never ever would have guessed he would even be an option...fuck yeah. Can't wait to see Gyllenhaal and him together.

Thank you for the great news...no, the credit does not go to ain't it cool...it definitely goes to you. I'll never give any credit to a website with such a stupid fucking name.

Pwaybloe

The Punisher don't dance on Sundays.

CollinBullock

Who else thinks that the first garth ennis/steve dillon minseries relased a couple years ago would make a kick ass movie?

I just realized I'm a complete dork.  You ever have moments like that?
Reality is extraordinary.  Unfourtanetly, the best parts don't make good movies - Terry Gilliam

Ghostboy

Quote from: CollinBullock

I just realized I'm a complete dork.  You ever have moments like that?

I do, all the time.

I didn't like that miniseries, though.  It had a few good elements, but overall...I don't know, I stopped liking Ennis's writing after about the fourth Preacher collection came out. It just became sort of tired at a certain point.

Thomas Jane will be a great Punisher. Anybody remember one of his early American roles, as the peep show victim in The Crow 2? He's come along way from that graphic masturbation scene...

Ghostboy

That looks pretty cool. I think the T-shirt will look cooler when it's a bit tattered, though. It looks a little too custom made. And Thomas Jane looks a little too constipated.

Have they already started production? I know there's going to be a teaser attached to Hulk, but I figured it would be one of those logo teasers with no actual footage.

EDIT: Ok, just checked out AICN and got the scoop. I forgot Jonathan Hensliegh was directing this. Uh oh.

Duck Sauce

Im a bit disapointed. I expected more and darker.

dufresne

Dolph Lundgren will always be the true Punisher.
There are shadows in life, baby.

RegularKarate

Quote from: dufresneDolph Lundgren will always be the true Punisher.

Gawd, that movie was terrible... he was really bad too.

phil marlowe

dolph lundgren is really talented. no one can jump roofs in prague, while shooting bad guys with uzis, like him.

dufresne

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: dufresneDolph Lundgren will always be the true Punisher.

Gawd, that movie was terrible... he was really bad too.

did i say the movie was good? or that Dolphy was a great actor?  i was 10 when i watched the Punisher.  i was highly impressionable.
There are shadows in life, baby.

oakmanc234

Thats one cool pic. I'm suprised they didn't dye his hair black or something. I have no doubt that Jane will kick ass in this movie (Jane sounds damn sissy by itself), he kicked ass action-wise in 'Deep Blue Sea' and Todd Parker is just soooo cool.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Ghostboy

The more I think about this picture, the more I'm reminded of how I thought Daredevil looked so cool when we first saw a pic of him about this time last year.

Raikus

I don't know. I've got some reservations about the look. Why the hell does the Punisher wear a screen printed t-shirt? Shouldn't the skull be some type of body armor or at least embossed slightly like the comics? Hell, even Batman has an embossed logo. I'm not saying make him utterly unrealistic by plastering him with armor and padding, but don't make him look like he walked into Hot Topic to buy his clothes.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.