MI:3

Started by ©brad, January 10, 2003, 05:40:27 PM

Fernando

From Joblo.

Paramount recently slipped us some new pics from Tom Cruise's upcoming action extravaganza MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3. They also let us know that the first M:I:III TV spot will run during the Super Bowl on February 5th. It will then be available in HD Quicktime on Apple's trailer section on Monday February 6th after 6pm. They further mentioned that the TV spot will contain key information to complete the first clue for those participating in the M:I:III Scavenger Hunt. This first clue will then be released after 5pm on Monday February 6th. So, we're clear on all that? M:I:III opens May 5th.

Mac or Mod, which other trailers will air during the SB? Not that I'll be watching it, just to know what trailers I'll be checking up monday morning.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Fernando on February 02, 2006, 02:01:19 PMMac or Mod, which other trailers will air during the SB? Not that I'll be watching it, just to know what trailers I'll be checking up monday morning.

The World's Fastest Indian - Magnolia Pictures
Running Scared - New Line Cinema
Mission: Impossible III - Paramount Pictures
The Shaggy Dog - Walt Disney Pictures
16 Blocks, Poseidon, V For Vendetta - Warner Bros. Pictures
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

pretty lame lineup there.

Kal

Yeah I was hoping for something new on Superman Returns or X3

Find Your Magali

In the Super Bowl commercial for this, PSH looks like he's playing a clean-shaven variant of Mattress Man.

How cool is that.

"That's that!"

MacGuffin

Quote from: Fernando on February 02, 2006, 02:01:19 PMthe first M:I:III TV spot will run during the Super Bowl on February 5th. It will then be available in HD Quicktime on Apple's trailer section on Monday February 6th after 6pm. They further mentioned that the TV spot will contain key information to complete the first clue for those participating in the M:I:III Scavenger Hunt. This first clue will then be released after 5pm on Monday February 6th.

'M:I-3' ad starts scavenger hunt

Paramount Pictures was ready to take advantage of Super Bowl Sunday's massive viewership to kick off the Ultimate Mission, an online scavenger hunt promoting "Mission: Impossible 3," which opens in May. A 30-second commercial, which was set to air during the game's first half, promoted the interactive contest that involves clues hidden in specially created original shorts available for viewing on various Web sites. The spot also held the clue to solve the first question in the competition, which begins today and plays out over the next three months. "It's only a taste, but this spot will definitely tell you what we've got in store on May 5," said Gerry Rich, president of worldwide motion picture marketing at Paramount Pictures.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/missionimpossibleiii/
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

is this thing going to sink? i can't walk two blocks without hearing someone say "i'm so done with tom cruise."

RegularKarate

Quote from: ©brad on February 06, 2006, 08:28:28 AM
is this thing going to sink? i can't walk two blocks without hearing someone say "i'm so done with tom cruise."

Seriously, I"m so done with hearing people say that.

MacGuffin

Cruise Bullies Kanye West Into Impossible Mission

Tom Cruise persuaded rapper Kanye West to change his mind about creating a new theme for Mission: Impossible III by paying him a visit. The movie star was adamant West should be involved in the soundtrack and when the rap star announced he was too busy to play around with the classic theme, Cruise refused to take no for an answer. Cruise tells MTV News, "I'm a big fan of his work and we said, 'What's Kanye doing?' - 'He's busy, busy, busy.' So... I went by and he's got two songs that he wrote that are just unbelievable - he did a version of 'Mission: Impossible' and an original... It is 'Wow'. When you see an artist that you just respect and he's so talented. I was like, 'Man, I'd love to see what he's gonna do with this.' You've got to hear what he did with it. It's Kanye West and it's really extraordinary. I looked at him and said, 'Man, you killed it.'"

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

the following is a translation of the above article..

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 09, 2006, 02:11:43 PM
Cruise Bullies Kanye West Into Impossible Mission (to be taken literally)

Tom Cruise persuaded rapper Kanye West to change his mind about creating a new theme for Mission: Impossible III by paying him a visit (sending hired goons). The movie star was adamant West should be involved in the soundtrack and when the rap star announced he was too busy (too scared of Cruise) to play around with the classic theme, Cruise refused to take no for an answer (resorted to using physical force, see: katie holmes). Cruise tells MTV News, "I'm a big fan of his work and we said, 'What's Kanye doing?' - 'He's busy, busy, busy.' (see 'too busy') So... I went by and he's got two songs that he wrote that are just unbelievable (acceptable to a rich white man) - he did a version of 'Mission: Impossible' and an original... It is 'Wow' (as in 'so fetch'). When you see an artist that you just respect and he's so talented. I was like, 'Man, I'd love to see what he's gonna do with this.' You've got to (or his people will break your kneecaps, effectively ending your couch-jumping career) hear what he did with it. It's Kanye West and it's really extraordinary. I looked at him and said, 'Man, you killed it.' (to be taken literally)"
under the paving stones.

Kal

That was funny Pubrick... but just the image in my head of Cruise and Kanye talking makes me laugh my ass off.

And I'm really dying to hear that song...

Fernando

New japanese Trailer .

MacGuffin

'MI-3' Pits Cruise Against Hoffman

How's this for an impossible mission: Tom Cruise against Truman Capote?

Theater owners got a sneak peek Tuesday of two key scenes in Cruise's summer sequel "Mission: Impossible III," in which his undercover operative Ethan Hunt takes on a villain played by Philip Seymour Hoffman, who won an Academy Award this month for playing author Capote in "Capote."

Director J.J. Abrams, creator of TV's "Lost" and "Alias" who makes his big-screen debut with "Mission: Impossible III," told a crowd at the theater-owner convention ShoWest that he set out to make an action film that put characters first, spectacle second.

"The reason the action works so strongly is that J.J. tells a story, and what drives the story are the characters, the people," Paula Wagner, Cruise's producing partner, said in an interview with The Associated Press alongside Abrams.

"The action happens because the people are trying to get something accomplished, get something done, and that's great storytelling."

Distributor Paramount showed off an exchange in which Hoffman's character, imprisoned by the Impossible Missions Force, delivers a chilling threat to Cruise's Hunt.

"Do you have a wife, a girlfriend?" Hoffman asks Cruise. "Because if you do, you know what I'm going to do next? I'm going to find her. I'm going to find her, and I'm going to hurt her. I'm going to make her bleed and call out your name. ...

"And then I'm going to kill you right in front of her."

Abrams also presented a fiery sequence in which Hoffman's allies try to rescue him from Cruise and his gang, which includes returning co-star Ving Rhames.

"Mission: Impossible III" also co-stars Laurence Fishburne, Michelle Monaghan and Keri Russell, who starred in Abrams' series "Felicity."

After delays on the sequel that included scheduling conflicts and an earlier director dropping out, Cruise decided Abrams was the right filmmaker after watching episodes of "Alias." Cruise and Wagner let Abrams toss out the earlier story line and held off on "Mission: Impossible III" until he was able to free himself up from getting "Lost" on the air.

Though they both were hits, the first two "Mission: Impossible" movies were criticized for focusing on style and action in service of perplexing story lines. "Mission: Impossible III" presents a clear plot centered on elaborate chess moves between Cruise and Hoffman's characters, said Abrams, a co-writer on the movie.

"This story is trackable, unlike a lot of stories we've seen in the spy genre, certainly everything from episodes of `Mission: Impossible' on TV, and certainly I'm guilty of it in episodes of `Alias,'" Abrams said. "There are stories that can get so convoluted that you're just barely hanging on, but this I think you can follow the story beat for beat."

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 15, 2006, 01:15:28 AM
How's this for an impossible mission: Tom Cruise against Truman Capote?

Somebody should take that fake picture of Tom Cruise engaged in a knife-fight with Matt Lauer and photoshop Truman Capote's face over Lauer's.

On second thought, please don't.

matt35mm

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 15, 2006, 01:15:28 AM
"Do you have a wife, a girlfriend?" Hoffman asks Cruise. "Because if you do, you know what I'm going to do next? I'm going to find her. I'm going to find her, and I'm going to hurt her. I'm going to make her bleed and call out your name. ...

"And then I'm going to kill you right in front of her."
Hahaha...

That's a lot funnier than the characters saying it.