Intolerable Cruelty (Now Polling)

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 04:46:56 PM

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: ElPandaRoyal
Quote from: markums2kFinally saw this.  I thought it was just as inspired as Lebowski, but it's a different kind of humor.  I loved it.  Clooney carried it all the way for me, and I credit the Coen Bros. for letting that happen.

Incidentally, I think Fargo is the least interesting of the Coen films, along with The Man Who Wasn't Blah Blah.

Now that's just siiiiiiiick. I can't stand Intolerable Cruelty.

finally, someone talking sense. this movie was awful. granted, i laughing at the train part, but it was terrible. and fargo is sooo good, they're best.

It's funny how my dislike for this movie just keeps on growing. I rank Lebowski as one of the best comedies ever and they are so much better than this... sorry brothers, but I'm only saying this 'cause I know you can do much more.
Si

bonanzataz

part of me is glad i missed this movie.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

Quote from: bonanzatazpart of me is glad i missed this movie.
well, ALL of you should be.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

life is too short to watch mostly terrible movies 5 times to try to find redeeming qualities.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

Quote from: flagpolespecialif you really believe lifes too short don't ever watch magnolia again
Quote from: themodernage02life is too short to watch mostly terrible movies 5 times

Quotecoen films always grow on me. i usually enjoy them more the 3rd 4th and 5th time.
Polish a turd and all you have is a polished turd.  Only Coen brothers' movie I've seen that lends itself to a second viewing is The Big Lebowski.  Life may be long, but it's still finite.  You can only spend so much time watching movies, so you may as well spend it watching good ones instead of searching for turd-covered gold.

cine

Quote from: ono.Polish a turd and all you have is a polished turd.
Who invented that phrase anyway? Whoever it was must've been pretty embarrassed.

Finn

This thread should've ended a LONG time ago
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

cine

yes i think it ended 5 months ago

but i think it was revived from a poster here

who felt he should praise the film even though

most of us

hated it as he can see.

but he felt he should say something because he watched it 5 times

too many.

Pedro

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pedro

Just Withnail

Yeah, it actually made me re-read flag's post to check for rhymes.

Weak2ndAct

Don't want to add more gas to the fire, but one time I was in the chat with flagpolespecial, and he said 'I really hate the Blacks and Jews.'