Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Sleepless

I miss Bernard and Rose.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Pas

Quote from: kal on March 23, 2009, 01:33:05 PM
And I'm also wondering... where the hell are Rose & Bernard? And the other plane people who did not get rescued and stayed at the island? They must have suffered the flashbacks and they have to be somewhere? Nobody ever talks about that.

holy shit never thought of this either. let this be a case where we have to pretend these annoying characters never existed please

Gamblour.

kal, can you please please please label something like that as a potential future spoiler?  I avoid reading that kind of shit for a reason.
WWPTAD?

Kal

Quote from: Gamblour. on March 23, 2009, 09:18:05 PM
kal, can you please please please label something like that as a potential future spoiler?  I avoid reading that kind of shit for a reason.

Sorry.

diggler

i imagine rose, bernard, and anyone else left from the original group of survivors joined up with richard and the hostiles.

it's interesting to think that rousseau, her daughter alex and ethan were all alive because of the time travellers interference, and they all end up dead.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

SiliasRuby

Tonight! Tonight! Tonight is another episode!!!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Gamblour.

HUGE MOTHER FUCKING SPOILERS

I can't believe they actually did it. Here's the question now, where does the paradox begin? Ben can't just suddenly disappear, that wouldn't make any sense. The minute they went back to the 70s, Ben should've just ceased to exist, right? Unless two realities can exist at the same time. This is getting very Back to the Future Part II.
WWPTAD?

Pas

Not a whole happened but def. some good moments, including the end. Holy shit not everyday you see a kid get shot in the heart on tv.

I loved the torturer in the tipi that was a good flash. Though I don't believe LSD is quite that effective but anyway maybe Sayid just wanted to tell them all that stuff.

As far as Ben dying, according the Faraday's theory he can't die but maybe there's somekind of timesplit or something of the sort...we'll say.

In 20 years we'll look at Lost the same way we look at say The Prisoner today : ''I can't believe this was on TV''

picolas

MORE MOTHERFUCKING SPOILS

i was thinking the exact same thing pas rap.. and on prime time. and on abc.

i thought this was an amazing ep. so brilliantly constructed.. the thought of murder occurred to me, but it slipped out of my mind just like they wanted it to...

gamblour: the paradox is 100% upon us the moment ben dies... they've established for the most part that this isn't a multiverse.. so the whole universe should've shat itself and died in that moment.. so i'm completely LOST. but i have faith that however they address this, it'll be good.

modage

it was a huge huge holy shit.  not often you see

SPOILER

a kid getting shot on television

END SPOILER

but, i think

SPOILER

he wont die.

END SPOILER

they've already said they're not going the heroes "can change the future" route.  so i think this could be something that makes him grow up to be a real mean bastard.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

You goddamned East Coasters and your goddamned spoilers that I'm powerless not to look at.
My house, my rules, my coffee

picolas

mothafuckin spoils

Quote from: modage on March 25, 2009, 09:36:16 PMso i think this could be something that makes him grow up to be a real mean bastard.
yeah that's pretty brilliant.

JG

SPOILERS

my initial thought was that he didn't die, but my friend suggested something interesting when he said that what is going on in 1977 is going on concurrently with what is happening in present day. so when ben dies in 1977, he dies in the 2008 reality as well. askhdglkasjhfgalskjfgh what?

very cool, it was also the first time i considered character this season, and the potential mental effect that this time traveling stuff would have on you. geeky stuff for sure, very cool very cool.

Kal

SPOILERS OF COURSE

I was thinking about Sayid killing that fucking kid the whole episode, so I jumped from the couch at the end. However it does raise some ridiculous questions because their whole existence would have changed if Ben was no longer there, and responsible for everything that happened to them all the way from season 2.

Imagine that the bastard had everything to do since the murders of Ana Lucia until pretty much any shitty thing that happened to the 815 people in their fricking lives.

Anyways, if the kid is not dead then he definitely has a great excuse to become even more crazy, angry and bitter. He may also remember Sayid and that is why he is being such an ass with Sayid as a grownup. If that was the case though, Ben is once again a step ahead of everyone else because he knows exactly what will happen next.

This is really insane. It was a OK episode. I'm glad they showed how Sayid got to the plane, which was very confusing before. The two funniest moments in the episode where first when Sawyer shows up and Sayid says "a kid called Benjamin Linus just brought me a chicken sandwich, how do you think I'm feeling?", and then when he got to the gate at the airport and realized what was happening. Other than that nothing major happened with the other characters. And I still have my fucking question about where are the other survivors!!!!

Gamblour.

MORE SPOILS

Yeah, Sayid slowly realizing where they were headed, that was probably one of my favorite moments in the series. Such an ominous realization.

So grown-up Ben has a scar on his chest? Hm. That's a maybe. The next episode is called "Whatever Happened, Happened." Maybe Faraday will come back and discuss just exactly what the fuck is going on.

Also, Sebastien from Blade Runner was AWESOME. Such a creep.

And yes, where in the fuck are Rose and Bernard? With the Hostiles?  Did they run away to die peacefully? Maybe they're with Christian. How can this show keep me guessing?!? They did it, they shot Ben, and now I'm more confused than ever.
WWPTAD?