NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

deathnotronic

You should have all the heals on your bar, and use them accordingly. That's what I do. If they need 100 hp, renew. 500? Lesser heal. So on and so forth. You'll need those big heals once you're 50+ too.

Also, I think that the best way to go about shield and healing is this:

Let people enter combat. Find the person who's got the aggro. Shield, renew. By that time, a second person has aggro. Shield, renew them. Heal the first person using a heal that heals for the amount of HP they're down. Do the same for the second person.

This works well and usually will keep all your party green, save one person if there's more than 3 mobs.

Jeremy Blackman

Thanks...

I'm used to Diablo II, where you have to pick a small handful of specialized skills.

Here's my question, though... Why not just use Prayer of Healing repeatedly to make it simple? Will I have enough mana at higher levels?

Also... smite or starshards? Or both?

deathnotronic

I prefer starshards because it's channeling.  I use different spells because the smaller ones cost less mana, so why burn mana when you don't have to, you know? What level are you now?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: deathnotronicWhat level are you now?
I'm 10, and I just started a few days ago... I just want to plan ahead. I mapped out the talent trees and it looks like I can get what I want out of the Holy tree with 27 points left, which means I can either get a lot out of the Discipline tree (including Inner Focus) or get Mind Flay and get some things from the Disipline tree (without Inner Focus). Do you like Inner Focus?

deathnotronic

Jeremy Blackman

I think I finally figured out professions. Herbalism and Tailoring for my Night Elf Priest. Mining and Skinning for my Dwarf Rogue.

deathnotronic

Mining and skinning is awesome for making money. I'm an enchanter and a skinner on my paladin. Enchanting is awesome once you get super high levels of it because you flow in cash.

My priest is tailoring and skinning. If it weren't for level restrictions, he'd be 300 for tailoring.

I started a troll rogue the other day and he's going to be tribal leatherworking/skinning.

I like skinning a lot  :oops:

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Jeremy Blackman

Hmm. Is herbalism pretty profitable at higher levels? If not, do you think it would it be worth it for my Priest to ditch Herbalism for Leatherworking? (Or is tailoring enough?)

mogwai

last night i was playing and i noticed that the priest and the nun were skinning each other. i'm going to have nightmares for a decade now!

Raikus

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanHmm. Is herbalism pretty profitable at higher levels? If not, do you think it would it be worth it for my Priest to ditch Herbalism for Leatherworking? (Or is tailoring enough?)
It's very profitable. Don't ditch it, or if you do, trade it with your Rogue. Rogue's can get into areas easy and sap the mob around the herb, pick it and be gone. You're priest would have to fight his way to it.

Also, get lots and lots of swift thistle and send it to your Rogue. Have him make Thistle Tea. It's useful for the Rogue (immediately gives 100 energy) and it sells for a whole lot in the auction house.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

deathnotronic

Quote from: Stefen Posts Ghetto?What the fuck are you guys talking about? :r2d2

World of Warcraft. Your character has professions. You get two main professions, and you can choose from the following:

Gathering:
Skinning
Mining
Herbalism

Producing:
Enchanting
Leatherworking
Engineering
Blacksmithing
Tailoring
Alchemy

You also get as many subprofessions as you want. Those are:

First aid
Cooking
Fishing

Generally people pick one gathering, one producing, and one subprofession. This is what we're talking about.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RaikusRogue's can get into areas easy and sap the mob around the herb, pick it and be gone. You're priest would have to fight his way to it.
You're so right about that. I think I'll switch Herbalism and Skinning between characters. Which is a shame, though, because I really made progress on both. But in the future I'll have a rogue who can gather or mine anything.

context, context, context.

Brazoliange

I think I'm renewing my subscription this Thursday, anyone want to recommend a server to restart on?
Long live the New Flesh