The Darjeeling Limited

Started by Fjodor, July 16, 2006, 04:18:42 AM

pete

Quote from: children with angels on June 25, 2007, 06:06:55 AM
Is anyone else worried that this might end up being a teensy bit racist in a regular comedy-set-abroad-look-at-the-funny-customs-of-the-locals type way?

oh like lost in translation?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

martinthewarrior

FOX's website has announced a September 29'th release date for this.

tpfkabi

do you suspect it will be a (darjeeling) limited release or wide?

limited = me screwed

(aaaaaaarrrrrrrr.........i kill me)

:yabbse-grin:
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Quote from: MacGuffin on June 27, 2007, 11:43:05 PMFox Searchlight will release the film in New York a day after its Sept. 28 debut.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

that's quite vague, but Life Aquatic did open here on Christmas, so i would hope this would show here as well.

Pozer

vague?  vague would be,  Fox Searchlight will release the film in New York a day or so after its Sept. 28 debut.  another example of vague:
dear pozer,
im hearing word that there will be a darjeeling screening in the near future.  ill let you know as soon as i know.
love,
your friend on the inside

children with angels

Quote from: pete on June 29, 2007, 09:07:55 PM
Quote from: children with angels on June 25, 2007, 06:06:55 AM
Is anyone else worried that this might end up being a teensy bit racist in a regular comedy-set-abroad-look-at-the-funny-customs-of-the-locals type way?

oh like lost in translation?

Yeah, exactly like Lost in Translation.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

tpfkabi

Quote from: pozer on July 02, 2007, 11:49:58 AM
vague?  vague would be,  Fox Searchlight will release the film in New York a day or so after its Sept. 28 debut.  another example of vague:
dear pozer,
im hearing word that there will be a darjeeling screening in the near future.  ill let you know as soon as i know.
love,
your friend on the inside

telling me it opens in one town is quite vague on the part of Searchlight as it gives little info unless said receiver lives in New York.

Ghostboy

So there should be a trailer appearing for it right...about...

...now?

....still waiting...

picolas

Ghostboy

Pozer, how'd you like to take a SoCal xixax buddy to that vaguely inevitable secret screening?

martinthewarrior

Quote from: MacGuffin on July 01, 2007, 10:22:44 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on June 27, 2007, 11:43:05 PMFox Searchlight will release the film in New York a day after its Sept. 28 debut.

Oops. Missed that.

Pozer

Quote from: Ghostboy on July 02, 2007, 03:20:40 PM
Pozer, how'd you like to take a SoCal xixax buddy to that vaguely inevitable secret screening?
i would love to, buddy, you know this!  seriously would be awesome to catch an advanced flick with some xixax buddies.  my boy mac literally lives a couple towns away.  wed all have to wear our avatar masks of course.

anyway, this dude has done this before with the hype up, and so far has only been right (or has let me known when the time actually came at least) about the fountain.  but when/if the time comes, you know ill throw it out here.     

Pubrick

which meet-up is the winner:

1. pozer, ghostboy, and mac.
                  vs
2. cine, hedwig, and modage.

YOU decide.
under the paving stones.