Be Cool - "Get Shorty" Sequel

Started by CastCall, November 07, 2003, 01:08:23 PM

Ravi

Quote from: hacksparrow
Quote from: peteI bought the book as soon as it came out--wasn't very good.  felt like leonard doing an imitation of himself.

I was just about to post the exact same thing.  It felt like Leonard doing an imitation of himself writing Get Shorty.

I got halfway through Be Cool and didn't care enough to finish it.

brockly

maybe if they took half the cast out, leaving only vaughn, keitel and the rock standing in the background, this would have been a better poster.

prediction: vince vaughn and the rock (judging by their appearances here) will be the best thing about this film. and uma looks damn fine

UncleJoey

They should have used photos of Travolta and Tyler from the 70s, when they actually were cool (I guess . . .).
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fjodor

Quote from: MacGuffinTrailer here.
Disappointing.. It's too artificial

RegularKarate

It's not disapointing to me because I knew this would suck.

It looks like they took the Chili Palmer character and tossed him into some cartoony comedy like Starsky and Hutch or something.  

They're going to have Chili dance with Uma and it will be sad.

The book was disapointing anyway.

oakmanc234

Looks like a lot of fun to me. Rock & Vaughn will fucking OWN this.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Kal

I'm surprised noone posted about this yet (after it opened Friday). I think it was a huge piece of shit. Not only it has NO STORY at all. Not even a bad story. But its a complete waste of excellent resources a) The cast b) The potential of making a movie about gangsters/movies/music c) an obscene amount of money + more product placement than you can imagine.

Its so bad that there is nothing outside of the trailer that makes it valuable... except maybe for some classical Travolta expressions and lines, which can also be seen in movies like Pulp Fiction or maybe Get Shorty. Vince Vaughn is funny as hell, and so is Andre 3000. Uma is always good, and we all have a special love for her anyhow. Then there are some small surprises, and some funny things, but it really shows how they did this for pure money and marketing purposes and there was nothing else involved.

pete

but it's about networking in the biz!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Gold Trumpet

I've never seen Get Shorty, but I enjoyed this. I laughed enough and had a fun time with the film doing so many pokes at itself and the characters. It never really took itself seriously to make me think it was adapted from a novel of any respect. It's just an entertainment film.

pete

- Buster Keaton

Quote from: brockly

:saywhat: uma thurman looks like the biggest woman in the world.
context, context, context.

Myxo

Quote from: peteI love entertainment films.

..and if that's the case, go see Ong Back.

That is one hell of an entertaining movie.

pete

I saw ong bak like two years ago.
- Buster Keaton

Myxo

Quote from: peteI saw ong bak like two years ago.

Lucky for me I heard it was released in Thailand that long ago!

:yabbse-undecided: