primus

Started by bonanzataz, July 12, 2003, 02:51:48 PM

bonanzataz

pork soda = genius
les claypool is the man.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

bonanzataz

no, sadly they're not. they've gone their separate ways. last thing i heard about les claypool was that oysterhead thing with trey anastasio from phish and stewart copeland from the police but that broke up a while ago as well. my art teacher is friends with trey and went to the studio when they were recording their one album and said the whole thing was written and performed on weed. and it showed. carazy, i say.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

jonas

Primus is one of my favorites. There is no other band on the planet who sounds even remotely similar. All the players are extremely talented as well.

Great, great band.
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

Sleuth

Isn't Les Claypool doing another thing with Danny Carey on drums?
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Man they do rock!  Les plays the bass so damn phat is like wearing out a guitar

sailing the seas of cheese was my fav. album by them

Tommy the Cat is moooooooooooooooth

jonas

Quote from: NEON MERCURYMan they do rock!  Les plays the bass so damn phat is like wearing out a guitar

sailing the seas of cheese was my fav. album by them

Tommy the Cat is moooooooooooooooth

By the way... Tom Waits does the voice of Tommy the Cat
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Yeah, I have to say STSOC is my favorite Primus album.  But, Prok Soda was also genius.  Antipop reminded us of their kickassosity, but then they broke up...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sigur Rós

Brown  Album= Very good!

MacGuffin

Lampoon buys 'Electric'
Claypool to direct jam band film
Source: Variety

National Lampoon has purchased its first feature film, acquiring "Electric Apricot," a comedy about the jam band phenomenon that marks the feature directorial debut of Les Claypool.

Company plans to release the title theatrically this year as "National Lampoon Presents Electric Apricot -- Quest for Festeroo." Claypool's a singer and bassist best known for his work with the band Primus.

National Lampoon's also planning a release this year for its first inhouse feature production, "National Lampoon's Bagboy," starring Brooke Shields, Dennis Farina and Larry Miller, as it moves into producing its own fully financed comedies. Company's been involved in more than two dozen pics starting with 1978's "Animal House," usually through licensing.

It also recently formed distribution and homevid arms, National Lampoon Releasing and National Lampoon Home Entertainment, with Tom Daniels, former CEO of MediaWorks, heading the divisions on a day-to-day basis.  Daniels reports to topper Daniel Laikin.

The operations will release up to 12 titles annually -- four original movies and up to eight acquisitions. Distribution will be handled independently, with some titles receiving broader distribution in partnership with major studios.

"Entering the theatrical and home entertainment distribution businesses falls in line directly with our larger strategies of building the brand and reinforcing our relationships with the young adult audience," Laikin said.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffin on April 24, 2007, 12:58:54 AM
"Entering the theatrical and home entertainment distribution businesses falls in line directly with our larger strategies of blah blah blah...

sigh. for a moment i thought they were doing a special reunion tour. damn.

grand theft sparrow

You really have to love Les' knack for putting just the right adjective in front of a noun it otherwise has no business being in front of.

Electric Apricot
Southbound Pachyderm
Pork Soda
Hamburger Train