Help me with my Movie Poster choice

Started by Bruce Lee, May 23, 2004, 08:44:52 AM

Bruce Lee

Ok here's the deal i have a new movie room, and i want to kit it out with cool movie posters and i would love some suggestions.

So far on my list i have:

Redlum

I dunno about you but I kind of prefer this Taxi Driver poster:
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Pubrick

assuming u hav unlimited funds, i would suggest u switch the Taxi Driver, and get rid of the Arnies, Stallone, and Scarface.
under the paving stones.

mutinyco

Jesus. I dig testosterone as much as the next, but this is so over the top it's funny. Just go with Commando. It's the most muscular -- and of all the bad movies there it's the funniest.

Either that of put up a poster of Pretty Woman.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

A World Apart

Quote from: mutinycoJust go with Commando.
Yes, but go with Suburban Commando.  :wink:
For Laughs: On Back of movie: "featuring fantastic special effects and the commanding and inspired comic presence of Hulk Hogan."
FYI: I only own it for sentimental reasons.

Seriously though, the whole over-masculanized idea is great. You should also go with "Conan the Destroyer" and "Die Hard" just to give your room that over the top male essence. Also, get "Our Lady of the Assassins" poster. It's masculine, but not so in your face.
No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick.

Julius Orange

Choose the one with the person who kills other persons on the cover of the poster.

Thanks
email your opinnumber to NEW EMAIL juliusorange@gmail.com

Bruce Lee

All of those that i've showed im getting, i need about 6 more.....it just happens that masculin posters tend to be the kick ass ones, for me Evita and Love Actually posters really don't do anything for me.
...and there's the ghost in the shell poster with klad lady on the front, hardly masculin.

El Duderino

those are a few that i have....just suggestions
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Raikus

For masculinity concerns look no further than Army of Darkness

A couple of other favorites: Trainspotting, Cool Hand Luke, Goonies, Seven Samurai. I'm too lazy to get the links up.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

NEON MERCURY

"all right gang we got work to do.  Brucy baby, you gots to nip it with the macho man posters.  gee,  get that 80's male macho thang outs the picture.  now i do like that pretty one of arnie during his 'commando' phase.  he coudl command me and i ll do anythang baby...  :kiss: .  now, rambo has to ::snaps fingers:: GO!.  and brucy,  darling Pa-lease dont go to crazy with the kung fu posters.  yous got to have some O-riginality baby.  here some samples that me and tha guys came up with"

"brucy, now this is a sweet lil moovie. robin is just mar-valous...this would look  real nice above a pink satin loveseat next to a real birdcage to bring out the 'polly' in all of us"

"now brucy, this here is another cute poster with three(count 'em) THREE hunks..dressed up real nice and with that certian 'zing' that screams-"dont you dare :whip: "  this would look simply scrumptous next to your closet. and remeber never be afraid to be adventurous."

"finally, brucy, i know you got a thang fo them neat lil oriental lettering, well here s a poster thats reall fashionable and has that unique font you like .  put this up next to your fireplace and let the passion set you free....so, thats all fo now darling, see ya later..bye bye"

lamas

seems like something you'd get off on

cowboykurtis

Quote from: lamasseems like something you'd get off on

[poster of gymkata]

has anyone seen gymkata -- i saw it on superstation a few years ago and have been tryinbg to find a copy of it every since -- quite possibly the funniest shit ive ever seen -- just think about fight scenes with a pummel horse incorporated -- classic shit indeed -- check it out -- also: where did you find htat poster -- I need it -- i really really need this
...your excuses are your own...

lamas

the poster came from www.moviegoods.com.  can't you see that written on the picture i posted?  that was truly some classic material.  like you said about the pommel horse just happening to be right in the middle of town, don't forget the high bar and the legions of crazy people just walking into his kicks as he's doing his thing.