Mean Girls

Started by ono, April 03, 2004, 11:10:04 PM

Alethia

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

Very funny movie. I haven't laughed out loud this much in a movie theatre experience in a while. Typical structure, yes, but too many moments of just some good fucking jokes that are too true for the genre. Best movie of its kind since 'Clueless', which is very underrated itself.

MacGuffin

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetBest movie of its kind since 'Clueless', which is very underrated itself.

I agree, but I was reminded a bit more of "Election" while watching this. It seemed to have that kind of tone to it; more "serious" than a typical teen school comedy. I thought it was so "fetch" and hilarious and the best line was, "We only carry sizes 1, 3, and, 5. You could try Sears."

Also, the word 'canoodling' was said, and I immediately thought of Thrindle.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: MacGuffinAlso, the word 'canoodling' was said, and I immediately thought of Thrindle.

As did I too, no doubt.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet
Quote from: MacGuffinAlso, the word 'canoodling' was said, and I immediately thought of Thrindle.

As did I too, no doubt.

Hey! Give credit where it's due.  Thrindle may have got the "Canoodling" ball going on this site but I was the one who showed her the wonder of the canoodle in the first place.

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=5718&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=canoodling&start=15

And I, too, thought of Thrindle when I heard that canoodling line.

MacGuffin

Quote from: hacksparrowHey! Give credit where it's due.

Then that would be me, since I gave canoodle it's comeback and Thrindle's rank:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=127642&highlight=canoodling#127642
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: hacksparrowHey! Give credit where it's due.

Then that would be me, since I gave canoodle it's comeback and Thrindle's rank:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=127642&highlight=canoodling#127642

Maybe you gave Thrindle her rank but you're all just riding my canoodle train.

MacGuffin

Quote from: hacksparrowMaybe you gave Thrindle her rank but you're all just riding my canoodle train.

Here, put this in your signature:

Quote from: hacksparrowAnd I, too, thought of Thrindle when I heard that canoodling line.

So, the 'maker' even thought of her.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

I thought I started the canoodling thing, because of that article I posted that used the word.

cine

I thought I started 'canoodling' when I said WHO CARES ABOUT WHO STARTED THE WORD 'CANOODLING'!?!!?

grand theft sparrow

Boy! That got a little more serious than it should have.   :shock:

Thrindle

:oops:
It's been so long since I've canoodled - I almost don't deserve canoodle recognition.
Classic.

Quote from: Thrindle
It's been so long since I've canoodled - I almost don't deserve canoodle recognition.
[/b]
context, context, context.