B Movies

Started by SHAFTR, December 20, 2003, 03:09:20 AM

SHAFTR

Anyone else here love B-Movies?

I'm starting too.  I already own Shaft, Shaft's Big Score and Shaft in Africa.  I just rented Humanoids from the Deep and I might end up buying that.

Next Up:  Death Race 2000

Anyone have any recommendations?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

classical gas

Ed Wood is always entertaining.

Sleuth

I thought this thread was called 8 movies.  Nevermind.
I like to hug dogs

Alethia

i have death race 2000, fists of fury, chinese connection, the street fighter, carnival of souls, across 110th street, and battlefield earth (very funny).......theyre fun to buy when you have some change in your pocket.  there is a store near where I live that always gets some really great ones like every two weeks and they sell them for about 3 bucks each.....only reason i dont go there more is cuz its kind of a pain in the ass to drive there

MacGuffin

"Death Race 2000" is a classic; bringing the always-talked-about-but-never-done game of running over people for points to reality.

Quote from: SHAFTRAnyone have any recommendations?

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

I saw a clip of that...holy shit, I really need to buy this.
WWPTAD?

picolas

Quote from: SHAFTRAnyone have any recommendations?
this is the greatest one of the last little bit.

Thecowgoooesmooo

What is reefer madness about?

chris

Rudie Obias

dude, those movies aren't even that B.  check out:

ginger snaps
toxix avenger VI: citizen toxie
teenage cat girls in heat
attack the gas station (korean)

basically anything you might you might find on the truma collection
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I own Reefer Madness, it's hilarious.

It's a public awareness message to parents to show them the dangers of not hounding your kids and knowing what they're doing at all times.

Accoridng the movie marijuana makes people hyperactive, homocidial, and oversexed.  I's funny how they try to scare you, with it.  In one scene a guy smokes a little bit and starts "driving like a crazy man."  He goes between 45 and 50 and the camera zooms in on the speedometer and shows you how crazy he is.

Once I get a DVD burner, I'll try to rip some clips to show you guys.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye