Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Started by Lucinda Bryte, November 17, 2003, 03:09:34 PM

Lucinda Bryte

modage

aww c'mon, you're just trying to make this thread before me arent you?  i'll be 22 in 11 days.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: themodernage02aww c'mon, you're just trying to make this thread before me arent you?  i'll be 22 in 11 days.

?

modage

uhh, i just meant i made the other harry potter thread. and since there isnt any real 'news' on order of the phoenix and it wont be out for 3 1/2 years......... oh nevermind.  the 22 comment was just a response to your 22 comment.  i give up.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Lucinda Bryte

Sorry. I'll refrain from posting movie announcements in the future. I'll leave that up to MacGuffin.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Lucinda BryteSorry. I'll refrain from posting movie announcements in the future. I'll leave that up to MacGuffin.

Don't get discouraged. It was just a joke that went awry. mod-age meant no harm and wasn't poking fun at you. Please feel free to post any announcements you want.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Lucinda BryteSorry. I'll refrain from posting movie announcements in the future. I'll leave that up to MacGuffin.

Don't get discouraged. It was just a joke that went awry. mod-age meant no harm and wasn't poking fun at you. Please feel free to post any announcements you want.

Nah I was joking back with him and poking fun at you. It's fine.  :-D

MacGuffin

Goldenberg to script fifth 'Potter' film

Michael Goldenberg has signed on to adapt the fifth installment of the "Harry Potter" series, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," for producer David Heyman and Warner Bros. Pictures. The project is expected to begin principal photography in late 2005 or early 2006 for release in summer 2007. Steve Kloves, who wrote the screenplays for the first four "Harry Potter" films, has opted to step away from the series to adapt and direct another Warner Bros. project, "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time," based on the best-selling novel by Mark Haddon. Brad Grey, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston's Plan B Entertainment is producing "Curious" with Heyman. Goldenberg most recently adapted "Where the Wild Things Are" and also wrote "Peter Pan" and "Contact." He also wrote and directed "Bed of Roses." In addition to writing the four "Harry Potter" screenplays, Kloves also has written "Racing With the Moon," "The Fabulous Baker Boys," "Flesh and Bone" and "Wonder Boys." He also directed "Flesh" and "Boys."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Thank Jebus, Kloves' scripts were getting on my nerves.  

Maybe this guy will know how to adapt a book.

MacGuffin

Yates Rises for PHOENIX
British helmer David Yates will take the director's chair for the fifth installment of the Harry Potter franchise.

Not only will Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix have a new writer (Michael Goldenberg), but a new director is coming on as well. British helmer David Yates is in final negotiations with Warner Bros. to direct the fifth Harry Potter installment.

The news came as a bit of a surprise, as Yates has only directed one feature, 1998's The Tichborne Claimant. But his television work on prize-winning dramas that include The Way We Live Now and the miniseries State of Play are what impressed Warner Bros. Yates is currently attached to helm Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany in Warner Independent's Brideshead Revisited.

The Yates/WB directing deal is likely to be sealed by next week. Order of the Phoenix is scheduled to go into production late in 2005 for a summer 2007 release.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Filming to Start on New Harry Potter Movie

A veteran Academy Award nominee and a 14-year-old unknown will join the cast of J.K. Rowling's epic Harry Potter series as filming begins next week on the latest movie, producers said Thursday.

Millions of fans across the world are eagerly awaiting the adaptation of Rowling's fifth book "Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix" which sees the return of young actor Daniel Radcliffe in the title role.

Filming will begin Monday in Hertfordshire, a county in southern England. The movie is not slated for release until next year.

The plot centers on the arrival of Dolores Umbridge, an unpopular new professor at wizard academy Hogwarts. She will be played by actress Imelda Staunton, nominated for a 2005 Oscar for her performance in the bleak period drama "Vera Drake."

Potter also wrestles with his attraction to new character Luna Lovegood, a role taken by 14-year-old newcomer Evanna Lynch.

Lynch beat out 15,000 young rivals in an open casting for the part in Britain.

The last film in the series, an adaptation of the fourth book, "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," was 2005's top earner at British cinemas.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Sirius Back
Oldman confirmed for next Potter.

GaryOldman.info first reported, and HPANA later confirmed, that Gary Oldman will reprise his role as Sirius Black in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Both sites were informed by Oldman's manager, Doug Urbanski, that the highly publicized casting issue had been resolved.

"Gary Oldman is now set to play Sirius Black in The Order of the Phoenix. A deal was concluded this morning," Urbanski advised GaryOldman.info.

"I'm so relieved and happy," he later told HPANA. "I can't put my mind in the place of the producers, but I would've thought that when they read the book, a call to us would've been very high on their list. Obviously, the character of Sirius Black is key."

"It's a wonderful role. Gary read the script last night, and he read part of it to me on the phone this morning. The end of the story is: Gary's in it. It's a terrific script, and he's so happy to be back."

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

RegularKarate

That was like a three-minute rumor not even worth posting.
I kind of doubt he would do it since he was up for directing the first one and got very attached to the idea until he had his spirits crushed and feels like the entire franchise was ruined because of the direction they started with.

Jeunet has also been an off and on rumor for the past two films.

Just Withnail

Quote from: RegularKarate on May 04, 2006, 02:02:38 PMthe direction they started with.

Yeah, but the direction has changed hasn't it? The franchise wasn't ruined at all. Can't see why he wouldn't be interested now, Goblet was pretty good. It seems each installment of the series from here on out will have someone new behind the wheel (I hope). If we're lucky both Gilliam and Jeunet will get their chances. Maybe even Spielberg, and one from Burton would be cool.