QT fest

Started by picolas, October 07, 2003, 09:56:28 PM

picolas

due to lack of audience, the Quentin Tarantino festival will be starting tommorow with Reservoir Dogs at 10pm CENTRAL TI-I-IME. Pulp Fiction will be Thursday at 10. the table's still open for the weekend, but that's all for the moment...

:arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:

QUESTIONS:
• I don't have (film name). Can I still participate? If you don't have the movie we're going to watch, there's probably still time for you to purchase, rent or borrow it. Everyone is welcome, whether you're watching the film with us or not.
• I don't understand. Are you watching the movies online? No. That would be public exhibition, which would be illegal. The way it works is that everyone watches DVD or VHS of the films in their own home, on their own TV, in their own DVD player or VCR. The films can't be shown online legally.
• You're a freak. Why are you doing this? Because someone at xixax.com suggested it, and I thought it would be a lot of fun.
• I still think you're a freak. OK then.

CHAT TECHNICAL STUFF: The chat area can be joined with our Java applet by clicking on "chat" at the top of the page. You'll need to have Java enabled in your web browser in order for this to work. Also, if you're behind a firewall, you may need to poke a hole for port 6667 in order to connect. Those familiar with IRC can join via any IRC client program by joing to room #xixax on server blazoner.com at port 6667.

Banky

cewl i'll be there

Finn

Is it 10:00 Central or Eastern Time?
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: SydneyIs it 10:00 Central or Eastern Time?

I'm guessing Central.

Spike

What time will it be in Germany? I always had trouble in calculating the times!
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

©brad

way past ur bedtime i'm afraid. like 6 in the morning, sumthing like that.

phil marlowe

Quote from: ©badway past ur bedtime i'm afraid. like 6 in the morning, sumthing like that.
if you're in the same timezone as denmark then i think it's 5 in the morning. just my time of the day.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

After the Tarantino film festival, and once the whole Halloween marathon gets revved up, think I could make a banner for the marathon?

Pleeeeease?

Or I could suggest several...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ono

Quote from: SydneyIs it 10:00 Central or Eastern Time?
Originally it was EST, but CST would work, too, I guess.  But we do need to iron that out quickly.

smash

10pm Eastern sounds good...cause starting at 10 is a little too late for a filthy high-schooler like myself

Crash

so what time is it exactly gonna happen? central or what?
"Drum roll please...I'm gonna be a screenwriter! Like you!"

picolas

sorrysorry. central.

©brad

how come no one's in the chat? its just me and old faithful up in there. sadly im doin most of the talking.  :?

Banky

i just went and got RD at bkockbuster and it was late and raining

Gamblour.

I tried to join the chat, but I don't have the Java program required to run it (I assume it's Java?). So I went to their website but the download was corrupted or unable to install. Weird. Any suggestions?
WWPTAD?