Iron Man 2

Started by MacGuffin, September 12, 2008, 01:02:02 PM

MacGuffin

AICN Exclusive: IRON MAN 2 in 3D?!?! & IRON MAN 1 too?!?!?

Hey folks, Harry here with a story of geekgasmic fury bridled with awesome euphoria! One birdy tweeted a secret tweet that put me on the scent - and then I found other birdies to sing the same tune. So I can state that the following is absolutely true, though the final results have yet to be heard.

Right now, there is a 1 minute demo of IRON MAN 2 converted to high quality digital 3D. I'm told this one minute is totally like Kim Basinger & Mickey Rourke in 9 1/2 WEEKS. HOT! Crazy Hot! Right now the Suits at Marvel & Paramount & now also Disney are considering this 1 minute.

At the same time that this is happening, they are fishing for bids with 3 different companies to see what the cost and time it would take to convert IRON MAN 2 to a complete 3D film. This same process is being done to Tim Burton's ALICE IN WONDERLAND - but if this comes to pass. What will this mean for the rest of Marvel's slate leading to THE AVENGERS? Will THOR & CAPTAIN AMERICA also go through this process? Or will they be shot from the get go in 3D?

I hope so. I love 3D. The tests I've seen of this process are just jaw-dropping. 3D is an experience to experience in movie theaters - and when the high quality progressive frame 3D Blu-Rays hit that will finally put the nail in the coffin of those dreadful anaglyph relics of the 50s... You'll have a home entertainment experience to match.

Watching Iron Man, Whiplash, War Machine and Black Widow in 3D would be an unbelievable experience next summer - and my little birdy tells me there's a chance they'll actually pony up to convert IRON MAN for a reissue in advance of IRON MAN 2's summer release.

I have very solid sources on this. And remember, you heard it here first my friends! Are you ready for the armored avenger in 3D? I am.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

They needed to spend a little more time photoshopping that saturated angryface onto that huge robot body.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: modage on December 03, 2009, 01:12:17 PM
They needed to spend a little more time photoshopping that saturated angryface onto that huge robot Rourke body.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

children with angels

Okay, this looks pretty awesome.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on December 17, 2009, 12:07:34 AM
Trailer here.

i couldn't understand a single fucking thing rourke mumbled, and scarlett who?

but the premise is excellent. that comment of privatizing world peace is way more memorable and more "nuh uh fuck you i do what i wanna do" than the original's blowing up the cliffside.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

I'm down. Sam Rockwell? Didn't know he was in this.
i feel like scarlett johanssen is gonna piss me off and as much as i love buck swope I liked terrence howard and wish he wouldn't have been replaced but I still think this will be just as much fun as the last one was
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Gold Trumpet

I'm worried it's going to be too much plot and not enough light humor. The first one stands out not because it's technically good, but because it's so free wheeling with Robert Downey Jr. that he starts to transcend the super hero qualities and makes them of secondary importance. I think the super hero antics may take first billing here and the funny jokes will have to live during the commercial breaks of the action. Of course I have no clue and hope I am wrong, but plot enhancement is typical sequel fodder when more bad guys are added.

modage

Terribly edited trailer.  It was mostly just rearranged scenes from the first trailer, rearranged worse.