Charlies Angels: Full Throttle

Started by modage, June 20, 2003, 01:28:45 PM

modage

okay, we need an appreciation thread for this, because i just saw the full trailer for the umpteenth time and its got to be one of the best teasers i've seen in a long time.  the movie might suck, but my interest is piqued with the damn trailer.  i didnt think the first one was anything special and the idea of a sequel was something i couldnt care less about.  that is UNTIL is saw the trailer.  and now, its one of the movies i want to see most this summer.  now THATS good marketing.  the use of "my charona" and editing of quick flashes of action, humor, and sex makes it seem like the most fun you'll have at the movies all summer.  FIRST, it tells you hardly ANYTHING about the movie other than demi moore is a bad agent, which is all you need to know.  and yet, it still has an enormous amount of energy and the cutting is really what its all about.  i'm pretty sure mcg edited the trailer himself, which is good.  we need more of this.  although after seeing bernie mac play a scene on leno of this, i'm convinced the movie cannot possibly be as much fun as the trailer.  is it possible to hold up that level of energy for 100 minutes?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

oakmanc234

Yeah, I had no interest in the sequel until seeing the trailer. Its pretty damn awesome, actually.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Ghostboy

It's one of the best trailers ever, for sure. It's just so much eye candy, to the max, a million times over. What I've heard, however, is that the energy dissipates after the opening scene (which climaxes in the helicopter stunt shown in the first teaser).

Banky

I thinks it funny how whenever LL and CD are in really small tight out fits, DB is in something way more bulky and less revealing.  This trio is getting a little old.  If they make another one they should bring a new trio.  Heres my pick

Alyssa Milano
Allison Hangigan
and possibly as feature debut Christina Aguilera?

children with angels

Quote from: BankyEdwardsAllison Hannigan

I like your thinking...  :)
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Ghostboy

Quote from: BankyEdwardsChristina Aguilera

I like your thinking...

©brad

i don't like to think.

but in regards to this movie here, its going to rock. no questions.

oakmanc234

Yo BankyEdwards

I like your novel concept for avatars; the mix of Christina Aguilera, a bare ass, and the word xixax.

Sweeeeeeeeet.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

sphinx

banky: why does your avatar keep staring at me?

sphinx

it represents my current unstable condition

:yabbse-question:   :yabbse-question:   :yabbse-question:  

phil marlowe

...and this is the guy who changes people titles to thread ruiner.

MacGuffin

mogwai, why does your avatar bug me?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

phil, why does ur av look like deniro!
under the paving stones.

phil marlowe

pubrick, why do you have such gigantic eyebrows?