Thunderbirds Are Go!

Started by MacGuffin, March 16, 2004, 03:04:19 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: August 6th, 2004 (wide)

Cast: Bill Paxton (Jeff Tracy), Ben Kingsley (Aristotle Spode, AKA The Hood), Brady Corbet (Alan Tracy), Anthony Edwards (Brains), Sophia Myles (Lady Penelope), Dominic Colenso (Virgil Tracy), Ron Cook (Parker), Naomie Harris, Lex Shrapnel (John Tracy), Ben Torgeson (Gordon Tracy), Philip Winchester (Scott Tracy)

Director: Jonathan Frakes (Star Trek: First Contact, Clockstoppers, Star Trek: Insurrection)

Screenwriter: William Osbourne (cowriter of The Scorpion King, Twins, The Real McCoy, Ghost in the Machine, Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde)

Based Upon: The British 1964-1966 TV series, "Thunderbirds", that used a process called Supermarionation that combined marionettes, models and special effects to create the illusion of live-action actors (and a much larger budget than they actually had).

Premise: Set in the year 2065, this is the story of ex-astronaut and USAF Colonel Jeff Tracy (Paxton) and his five sons who form a rescue team called International Rescue (nicknamed "The Thunderbirds") that uses a fleet of vehicles, from rockets to boats, to race into action whenever their unique services are required. Helping the Tracys are Brains (Edwards), a technological genius who invented the amazing rockets used by International Rescue; Jeff's assistant Kyrano and his daughter Tin-Tin; the lovely Lady Penelope (Dahl), and her driver, Parker. In this adventure, Tracy Island is attacked by an evil mastermind, Aristotle Spode, AKA The Hood (Kingsley), who wants to use the International Rescue vehicles to commit acts of crime. The emphasis of the story will be on Alan (14-year-old Corbet), the youngest of the clan at 12, who will have to rescue his father and brothers from Spode's villainous clutches, with the help of two of his friends.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

This could be really entertaining or total lame... I'm still not sure

©brad

looks like a made-for-tv power rangers movie. paxton needs a new agent.

cine

No strings attached, so no thank you.

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

Pubrick

do americans know about the original thunderbirds?

they were kinda cool.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pubrickdo americans know about the original thunderbirds?

they were kinda cool.

My brother was into them, but I never could. The marionettes kinda freaked me out.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

They tried a revival of them on afternoon kids' programming a while back, back when I still watched cartoons after school. I thought they were groovy.

Kal

Quote from: MacGuffin

My brother was into them, but I never could. The marionettes kinda freaked me out.

me too!!!

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffin Screenwriter: William Osbourne (cowriter of The Scorpion King, Twins, The Real McCoy, Ghost in the Machine, Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde)

Boy, those are some hefty screenwriting credits.

:|

Hey, he got Kingsley to do it. Perhaps it will be good.

Kingsley is the fuckin man.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: andyk

me too!!!

That makes three of us.  The way they bobble about... yikes.

cine

Quote from: hacksparrow
Quote from: andyk

me too!!!
That makes three of us.  The way they bobble about... yikes.
Hm, thats funny because I always laughed and mocked them.

El Duderino

Quote from: C:\BRADpaxton needs a new agent.

so true...he hasnt made a good movie since.....apollo 13
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: C:\BRADpaxton needs a new agent.
so true...he hasnt made a good movie since.....apollo 13
Titanic
A Simple Plan
Frailty

mogwai

nah nah nah

weird science, man...