Gothika

Started by NEON MERCURY, August 29, 2003, 11:39:36 AM

modage

POSSIBLE SPOILERS *BUT REALLY WHO CARES, IT BLOWS, HUH?
ugh, what dreck this was.  previews/premise seemed okay if they did something with it.  but i guess when you cant come up with anything original, just string together as many cliches as possible!  as macguffin said the goddamn ghost comes back to make sure things get set right is just so fucking played out, they need to come up with something new QUICK.  and on top of that cliche, the damn serial killer who you didnt expect reveals his reasons at the end when he runs around smashing things.  fancy camerawork (david fincherstyle) couldnt make me want to sit through this movie ever again.  it was just boringand i did not find it scary at all.  it was also just ridden with logic problems/plot holes even for 'this type' of film.  also: i thought that halle berrys acting was downright terrible through most of this, (as she sometimes tends to be).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

........mod......you are being mean.....

you didn't find it slighty enjoyable.....FOR A POPCORN FILM...?

ono

Quote from: NEON MERCURY........mod......you are being mean.....

I can answer that for him, as I was exposed to this dreck way before pretty much anyone.

"No."

Everyone else in the audience seemed to have a good time acting scared and whatnot.  But what do audiences know?

modage

Quote from: NEON MERCURY........mod......you are being mean.....

no, i really didnt.  (and i doubt anyone would really consider me a snob for this kind of film), but i think it really failed to deliver as a popcorn movie or as any kind of thriller.  it was just blandsville.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.