Movies you literally know by heart...

Started by Gamblour., August 11, 2003, 08:00:33 PM

bonanzataz

there was a time when i could do wayne's world. i don't know about now. i was probably able to do pulp fiction, dumb and dumber, and the shining at one point. now, i'm pretty sure i could do kill bill vol. 1 without a stutter. sometimes i play it over in my head when i'm bored.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

The Idiot

Star Wars

The Princess Bride

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
It is said that evil men have no songs. Why is it, then, that the Russians sing songs?

-Friederich Nietchze

Thecowgoooesmooo

Can you guys honestly recite every line from the movie?

I can actually recite all of the dialogue by memorization from...

A Christmas Story

chris

Link

I have several memorized.  A few years ago in high school, in art class, one of the tables would always get bored and call me over to recite a movie.  It was great.  The audience was MINE!

Dumb and Dumber
Liar Liar
Cable Guy
That Thing You Do!
Office Space

a few others I can't remember (get it?)

A Fire Inside

Chasing Amy
Trainspotting (yes even the scottish slang)
Good Will Hunting
The Untouchable
Real Genius
The Professional
If life gives you babies, make baby-aid

Pwaybloe

Listen... I will pay you to change your avatar.

Do you take Monopoly money?  It's the official currency of Xixax.

A Fire Inside

If life gives you babies, make baby-aid

StacksEdwards

goodfellas, a christmas story.

that is it.

Farewell
"The Book says, we may be through with the past, bit the past ain't through with us."

--Jimmy Gator, Magnolia

KingBlackDeath

I just realized the other day that I know everything in Swingers. I was watching it and it hit me that I didn't need to be, but I still really wanted to watch most of the scenes and that's why it's fucking great.

I often wonder if I saw Batman again since 93 if I would still have parts memorized, cause, man, I knew that motherfucker inside out
Do you see what happens...when king black death breathes on you with his breath?

Gamblour.

Shit man, I can probably do Swingers too. That movie's my life (minus all the going out, getting chicks, and trying to work as a comedian/actor).
WWPTAD?

Alethia

i could probably do terminator if u really wanted me to

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: ewardi could probably do terminator if u really wanted me to

.....alright ...you can do the terminator.....

and me and my cousin will do the ternimatrix.......

annd then we will pay someone to do the t1000....

::grabs oil can::

Just Withnail

I hate knowing movies by heart, current viewings of my childhood favorites have nearly been ruined by knowing every little detail of 'em. I used to love reciting every piece of dialogue in Back to the Future, loved it, felt like I was more of a fan, I guess. But last year I discovered a lot of the magic just disappeared when you're no longer (even a little bit) supriced by some nitpickety detail you forgot. And that's the magic ain't it? So I decided (to assure maximum emotional impact), the following movies should not be watched more than twice each year, and at least four, five months between each viewing:

* Back to the Future (especially number one, but I find it hard watching one without the other, so I guess two and three qualify as well)

* The original Star Wars trilogy (particularly Empire Strikes Back)

* Pulp Fiction

* Raiders of the Lost Ark

* Almost Famous

* Magnolia

* Lord of the Rings (all of them)

All of them once known by heart, I am now in the process of "unlearing what I have learned". One day, I'll hold of watching any of them for a year or two, for the ultimate nostalgic nose-punch viewing.

joeybdot

Young Frankenstein
Reservoir Dogs
Star Wars Trilogy

Pedro

Wow there's two young frankensteins?  

...use the edit button.  it's located at the upper right hand corner of your posts