Inception

Started by modage, August 24, 2009, 10:21:41 AM

pete

what did these critics say about eternal sunshine?  I think we need a control for this experiment.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

picolas

found these:

kirk honeycutt: "A bold and venturesome trip down memory lane as only writer Charlie Kaufman could imagine it."

todd gilchrist: "Jim Carrey finds a muse who combines the subversiveness of Andy Kaufman, the imagination of Dr. Seuss and the fearlessness of the Farrelly Brothers."

and apparently faraci didn't like the dark knight.

Stefen

this is the nerdiest thread ever.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

I bought my Imax tickets for the midnight screening.

I'm a NERD!

modage

I've got opening day IMAX, I just didn't want to risk being too tired. 

I'm old!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

john

Quote from: Ghostboy on July 06, 2010, 12:18:01 AM

Except that he said he hadn't seen it until after he made Inception....

Well that's disappointing.

Guess I can return to my initial feeling of indifference. Hopefully the film will surprise me still.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Thats cool!  This one is on my way to work.

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

Is there anything about this movie that isn't utterly badass?

Can't wait.

Gold Trumpet

If I dislike this movie, I am keeping my mouth shut on here. It's better to say nothing for now because I will be too disappointed, but I've come to like The Dark Knight more. The flaws are still the flaws in the movie, but I disregarded them and look at all the positives now. I feel I am ready to love this wholeheartedly. I just can't think about it too much because I want to feel surprised too.

modage

The next 10 days are going to be torture.

Pubrick

i also would like to register my interest in this motion picture.

fucking huge interest.
under the paving stones.

cronopio 2

Christopher Nolan is the Nelson Mandela of xixax.

Gamblour.

That building art is pretty amazing. I was outside a train station today, and I saw a half-crumbled building and thought it was an Inception ad, but it was just a half-crumbled building. Like they would spend that sort of money in Atlanta on a non-Tyler Perry movie.

I too am interested in this. Although, I have to say, repeat viewings of TDK do not hold up for me. I find it cumbersome to watch again. Memento, too. I always love watching his movies once and then maybe twice, but maybe not more than that.
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

first person to see this must review it thus:

if good, write:

THE HYPE IS REAL.

if not good, write:

THE DREAM IS REAL BUT NOTHING GREAT IS REAL THEREFORE THIS FILM IS NOT GREAT :/  WOW LOOK AT THAT BUILDING.
under the paving stones.