Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Started by modage, June 24, 2003, 06:14:37 PM

ono

There's a new Star Wars movie coming out?

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffinTell the geeks to get offline so I can watch the damn thing again!  :yabbse-angry:

You're busy building a screenshot collection right now! Don't lie..

modage

i'm actually trying to abstain from watching it until i can see it in the theatre, (as i did with the teaser), but if i go see Robots and this damn thing isnt attached i'm going to kill people.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Myxo

Quote from: themodernage02i'm actually trying to abstain from watching it until i can see it in the theatre, (as i did with the teaser), but if i go see Robots and this damn thing isnt attached i'm going to kill people.

Not a bad idea..

I just downloaded the .mov file and it's stunning. One of the best trailers I have seen in a long time. It will kick ass in theaters. So, it's showing with Robots then?

SiliasRuby

Beautiful, nice trailer. I'm psyched.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Quote from: MacGuffinmod's link is dead.

Trailer here.

Thanks.

This trailer is amazing. The cgi looks great, it looks almost like a good movie.
WWPTAD?

tpfkabi

Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollarYeah, Yoda might as well have a snowboard attached to his feet with a Mountain Dew in his hand.

Do the Dew or do not..............there is no try.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Gamblour.

Quote from: bigideas
Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollarYeah, Yoda might as well have a snowboard attached to his feet with a Mountain Dew in his hand.

Do the Dew or do not..............there is no try.

Hah, throw a 'dude' in there, and I think we have a tie-in.
WWPTAD?

picolas

*trailer spoilers

for the first time i felt some prequel tragedy when Obi Wan went "you were the chosen one!" and those trade federation guys seem to bleed light. Ian Mcdiarmid will give the most enunciated performance of 2005.

but it's still going to be bad.

also, for all the space experts: is it possible for a ship in space to go down like that as it's being destroyed? would it have to propel itself downwards?

El Duderino

does anyone else think that they made anakin out to be a whiny bitch?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

modage

okay, i saw this in the theatre today for the first time and then watched it about 5 times online just now.  i'm glad i waited to see it in the theatre, because words cant describe the feeling.  i guess the closest thing would be an honest to god geekgasm.  a feeling of chills, then a smile and then welling up with tears.  and i am not exaggerating.  not only that but my girlfriend had the same experience and when i came home and talked to my brother about it, he described the same thing.   this was better than i could ever imagine it being.  i think it was more powerful than even the trailers for episodes I or II.  i guess if you dont like this i feel sorry for you because as RK said to GT in the SOTD thread, something about your movie taste is just 'missing'.  all the cynicism was just wiped away and i was overcome with the feeling i have long for about why i love movies.  and it occured to me that this may be the last event of this size in my lifetime.  i formally apologize to lucas for placing this as number 3 behind batman and king kong as my more anticipated movies of the year, i think after watching this it holds number one by a longshot.  it probably wont be near as good as it looks, but goddamnit if it doesnt look like the best movie on earth.  only 2 more months...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: El Duderinodoes anyone else think that they made anakin out to be a whiny bitch?

Wouldn't you be if Tuskens killed your mother?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: picolas*trailer spoilers

for the first time i felt some prequel tragedy when Obi Wan went "you were the chosen one!" and those trade federation guys seem to bleed light. Ian Mcdiarmid will give the most enunciated performance of 2005.

but it's still going to be bad.
haha yeah the chancellor talks like he's in eyes wide shut.

there's this part in the trailer where the chancellor is arrested, and he goes "are u threatening me?" after they hav told him "u are under arrest". i hope that's just a badly cut trailer moment where they left a lot of dialogue out, otherwise the script may be just as bad as the other prequels. telling sumone they are under arrest is not a threat, a threat is "ur gonna be arrested if u dont stop".. anyway, it just doesn't make sense.

overall, i felt the hype, it works very well as that. and it made me think of the basic brilliance of the story. it really is a truly fantastic story, the chosen one turns evil, that's the best story.
under the paving stones.