good movies to watch when your sick

Started by Ernie, February 23, 2003, 11:22:16 PM

Ernie

Alright, so I was trying to pick out some good movies to watch today because I'm sick with a fucking cold and, as I was, I sort of realized how hard it is to pick out a movie to watch when I'm sick. Is it the same with you guys? Like, I didn't want anything that was going to make me laugh too hard because I have one hell of a sore throat and I didn't really want anything too deep or mind fucking because I've got a headache but you know, I don't just want to lie there and sleep because I can't possibly do that with my nose all stuffed up, I can't breathe. So, after putting as much thought into my choices as my headache-infested head would allow, I ended up picking these out to cheer me up.....

monsters inc. (don't laugh, i wanted something light and it's a nice little movie)
sweet home alabama (my sister bought it before and i had never seen it, it wasn't that bad at all surprisingly)
swingers (trent makes me fucking laugh even when i'm sick)
there's something about mary

So, tell me what you guys like to watch when your sick with a cold or anything like that.

Duck Sauce

I like any Pixar or anything that is nostalgic of my childhood like 80s movies. Otherwise, being sick is an awesome time to both sleep and watch movies because you have nothing else to do.

Cecil

something by david lynch. or a film i havent seen in a really long time.

Jeremy Blackman

relatively light movies that hopefully won't give you a headache:

Ocean's 11
Rushmore
American Movie
Sweet and Lowdown

phil marlowe

The Twin Peaks series. Watch something you have seen before so that you don't have to concentrate.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Phil MarloweWatch something you have seen before so that you don't have to concentrate.

Yeah, like this message board.

badum ching!

Raikus

The original Star Wars trilogy or the Indiana Jones trilogy. I find it best, when your sick, to watch movies that have to do with one another. Sequels work well too.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

polkablues

Quote from: mogwaiFerris Bueller's Day Off

I concur.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Victor

for some reason i watch Sydney every time im sick. it just fits, its perfect. i was sick last week and i had gotten the first season of Six Feet Under from netflix so i watched that, and the second season i taped, that was good too.

dont watch The Apartment when your sick, every time Jack Lemmon sneezed my eyes watered and i had to blow my nose.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Redlum

Teen Wolf, Back to the Future, Secret of My Success. Anything Michael J Fox really.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

sphinx

Ernie

Quote from: Lesterfor some reason i watch Sydney every time im sick. it just fits, its perfect. i was sick last week and i had gotten the first season of Six Feet Under from netflix so i watched that, and the second season i taped, that was good too.

dont watch The Apartment when your sick, every time Jack Lemmon sneezed my eyes watered and i had to blow my nose.

Sydney sounds really good for some reason. I haven't watched it in awhile. Good suggestion man.

Ernie

Quote from: redlumTeen Wolf, Back to the Future, Secret of My Success. Anything Michael J Fox really.

Lol, yeah...he is sort of comforting isn't he? It's weird how true that is.

moonshiner

just don't watch Requiem for a Dream
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

phil marlowe

Quote from: moonshinerjust don't watch Requiem for a Dream

Yeah, or the film: "The Ordinary Man Who Died Slow But Painfully Of An Ordinary Cold"