Best use of 3+ hours of film (other than Magnolia)?

Started by ShanghaiOrange, December 17, 2003, 03:12:41 PM

Fernando

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet
What part of that contradicted anything I said?

Kubrick was highly confident while making the film and had all the time to make the film. He was just dissapointed by its dismal business and that he had to do this film in place of his Napolean project.

Its just in your opinion Barry Lyndon was the better choice.

Quote from: Fernando
Wrong, Napoleon was supossed to follow 2001: ASO, he didn't make the film because of the box office failure of Waterloo, instead he turned his eyes into a little novel called A Clockwork Orange, and I think he did more than fine with that choice.

As you can read, you said he did BL instead of Napoleon which is wrong, he did ACO instead of his Napoleon project, and I never said that BL was a better choice than Napoleon, just that with his choice of ACO he did more than fine. Maybe I sounded a little harsh though.

Gold Trumpet

Fernando,
Kubrick was highly confident while making the film and had all the time to make the film. He was just dissapointed by its dismal business and that he had to do this film in place of his Napolean project.

I am not merely saying he did BL instead of Napolean, but that he had to. The part of the sentence, "that he had to", refers to his history of not getting funding for Napolean and forced to search out other projects.

Jake_82

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangehttp://us.imdb.com/title/tt0284020/maindetails

Has anyone seen this or know where I can get my hands on a copy??
your reality is at the end of your dream

RegularKarate

Yes, you can purchase it at Blockbuster and, oddly enough, it fits on one VHS tape.

Jake_82

Quote from: RegularKarateYes, you can purchase it at Blockbuster and, oddly enough, it fits on one VHS tape.

I was thinking of doing that, but when I went they only had that silly "widescreen" version-- I mean, why would you not want only 1/2 the image with those black bars all over the screen? Those guys need to get their act together!
your reality is at the end of your dream

Gamblour.

Quote from: Jake_82
Quote from: RegularKarateYes, you can purchase it at Blockbuster and, oddly enough, it fits on one VHS tape.

I was thinking of doing that, but when I went they only had that silly "widescreen" version-- I mean, why would you not want only 1/2 the image with those black bars all over the screen? Those guys need to get their act together!

Yeah man, the Blockbuster I went to only had the widescreen edition and it came with a free hooker. I promptly complained to the manager.
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Thecowgoooesmooo

RegularKarate

Yeah, that Bozo shit sure is funny, keep it up, you might win a prize.

Find Your Magali

Well ... "Shoah" and "The Sorrow and the Pity" both belong in this thread, for sure.

cine

Quote from: Find Your Magali"Shoah" and "The Sorrow and the Pity"
If I had bought those movies and watched them, I'd agree with you. :(

MacGuffin

"Heat," if you also watch the trailer a couple times.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Thecowgoooesmooo

Bozo the Clown Vol. 1

..speaking of the new Xixax cult icon,  Bozo....i remeber watching that show as a young'n and when they played  the game where you throw sh*t(i.e. something roundlike) into the buckets and you win prizes it made me mad that most of them were nno any good ....and i  have only seen it onnce when they made it to the last bucket..............

cine

Quote from: NEON MERCURYthe game where you throw sh*t(i.e. something roundlike) into the buckets
They were ping pong balls.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: NEON MERCURYthe game where you throw sh*t(i.e. something roundlike) into the buckets
They were ping pong balls.

ah-ha...!!! thats right.........i remember it was round....