Best zombie movies

Started by Ghostboy, June 17, 2003, 01:43:35 AM

Ghostboy

I've been researching zombie movies. What are your favorites?

Mine, in order, would be Dead Alive, Evil Dead 2, and The Beyond. But these are also more funny/campy. I actually haven't seen any of Romero's trilogy, aside from the first one. I went to pick up Dawn Of The Dead the other day and couldn't find it anywhere (guess I'll just blind buy it online).

'28 Days Later' could very well be a new classic.

What else?

Pubrick

Braindead,...-. oh yeah, forgot everyone outside of here and New Zealand calls it Dead Alive.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) feels like a zombie movie too, and it's pretty great.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

Braindead
Night of the living dead
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Wasn't Leatherface a zombie?)

btw....Invasion of the Bodysnatchers was crappy!

oakmanc234

'Evil Dead 2' probably tops my list. Such an insane, twisted, 'what the fuck am I watching' type of film (hence its popularity). Can't wait for 28 Days Later, the horror genre could use a really good, intense zombie flick at the moment (and it's worked).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Keener

Quote from: Sigur RósTexas Chainsaw Massacre (Wasn't Leatherface a zombie?)

...no.

Dead Alive for sure and I'm gonna be superflamed for this but I liked Resident Evil. It's my guiltiest pleasure.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Sigur Rós

Quote from: oakmanc234really good, intense zombie flick at the moment (and it's worked).

It's already out on dvd.

phil marlowe

Quote from: Sigur Rós
Quote from: PInvasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) feels like a zombie movie too, and it's pretty great.
no it wasn't, it was beautiful. your thinking of some 90s version

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Phil Marlowe
Quote from: Sigur Rós
Quote from: PInvasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) feels like a zombie movie too, and it's pretty great.
no it wasn't, it was beautiful. your thinking of some 90s version

A 90's version was never made. I AM THINKING OF THE 78 VERSION!!!!
The one with Donald Sutherland and Jeff Goldblum!

The 78 version is a remake of the 50's classic  :wink:

phil marlowe

there is a 50s, a 70s and a 90s version.

get yourself together mambo brother!!!

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Phil Marlowethere is a 50s, a 70s and a 90s version.

get yourself together mambo brother!!!

You are thinkin' of Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers (1992)! Amateur! Would someone please tell 'Phil' that I'm the one who's rite!

Cecil

romero all the way

i guess shivers "could" be considered a zombie flick, sorta

Ghostboy

There was indeed a 90s version of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, directed I belive by Abel Ferrera. I've seen the seventies version, and it has some darn good stuff in it.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: GhostboyThere was indeed a 90s version of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, directed I belive by Abel Ferrera. I've seen the seventies version, and it has some darn good stuff in it.

oh

MacGuffin

But the 90's version was just called:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sigur Rós

Quote from: MacGuffinBut the 90's version was just called:
[/img]

And it wasn't a remake, rite?