The Beatles

Started by cine, October 23, 2003, 10:24:15 AM

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pas

hahahaha what the hell happened there

Stefen

What happened to not having to explain jokes? Sheesh.

I thought it was funny because Silias was like, "I am a Beatles expert! I am a Beatles scholar! I own everything by them!" then bigideas is like, "Did you buy the remasters?" and Silias goes, "no."

It warranted an lol, wouldn't you say?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

hahaha fuckin a it did, I was laughing out loud. I was ''wtf'' about silias, not you. bigideas what did you miss?!?!!?

Pas

man they sound incredible, just dloaded them all it sounds great. It sounds fucking perfect.

Stefen

Just picked up Beatles Rock Band today. Can't wait to play.

SiliasRuby

I'm asking for the remasters for my birthday on Nov. 15th
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

SiliasRuby

Also, have you heard this cover: ?

My Collection

tpfkabi

Quote from: Stefen on September 11, 2009, 06:40:09 PM
What happened to not having to explain jokes? Sheesh.

I thought it was funny because Silias was like, "I am a Beatles expert! I am a Beatles scholar! I own everything by them!" then bigideas is like, "Did you buy the remasters?" and Silias goes, "no."

It warranted an lol, wouldn't you say?

i am paranoid from being told i ask too many questions over my lifetime.

i'm still on the fence. luckily i didn't see the actual box in person or i probably would buy it.

on the one hand i've dreamed of hearing the original mixes, etc (like i bought the day i came out - mono),
but on the other hand that is quite a bit of money. as popular as the beatles are their stuff usually comes out in the 'limited' editions for diehards/biggest cash grab, and then later at more reasonable price (just like seeing the Kubrick box set at Sam's the other day).

and then just the fact that i have all the old cd's - will it really change my perception of the music all that much?

do i enjoy Vertigo after it has been restored or would i basically love it as much seeing a pre-restored version - that kind of question.

i fear maybe there really won't be any more mono though. =(

SiliasRuby

I was just informed this morning that I am getting it for my birthday. Bigideas, I've heard some samples. If you are a beatles fanatic, you'll love it no matter what. It might not change your perceptions of the music but it is a immense improvement over the CD's that last were remastered in 1987. Get mono if you can. It'll be much rarer but that's not what I'm getting I want to make it easier for my parents. Also, The White album, Abbey Road, and Let it be weren't recorded in mono so you'll have to buy them separately on stereo.

My Collection

tpfkabi

what i've read - Abbey, Let and Yellow were the only albums not mixed for mono.

White Album definitely was - i've read the mono doesn't have the "i've got blisters on me fingers" bit.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I can't wait till they re-release the remasters, you know?  I'm going to download the whole thing in FLAC.  It'll be in the purest quality of sound and then I'll finally be able to appreciate The Beatles.  I used to think they were OK at best, but song structure aside, this band was all about one thing: Production, Production, Production! (OK, I guess THREE things!!)

Also, is it just me, or do more listens of music that predates the Beatles sort of deflates their significance in your heart?  They've got some masterful tracks, no doubt about it.  It could be overlistening to the Beatles on my part, and I'm willing to admit that, but the more I back-peddle into music that predates 1960, The Beatles rarely come to mind when I'm concerned with what record to accompany a bowl.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Neil

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DMWDTIU3

good luck, should be down, within minutes, PM me if you want the pass.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

SiliasRuby

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Well, it isn't down yet. Its downloading for me. Are these the mono or the stereo?

My Collection